Big Salmon Lake i imagine death so much, it feels more like a memory
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
No luck. He found purchase but it was only an ear; the taste of blood was little compared to what he needed. He. . .needed to re-rally. Needed to find that neck. He could do it, right?

Verx wheeled, looking for -- there. The bloodied shadow. He lurched toward the demon, snarling, his vision blurred. Stumbled and fell to his knees with a groan. No, fucking, NO! He needed to get to him! Verx writhed toward the opponent, dragging himself along through the shallows, the mud and the grass.

He'd never been afraid of dying because he never had anything to lose. Now he faced the last glimpses of a world without him, a world where this monster still lived and breathed and his children lie in danger. He couldn't protect them. He'd failed.

Soaked as he was, the tears coursing down his cheeks were nothing, and the sobs that left his ruined throat could have been roars of anguish. Well. . .they were. The fatal injury barely registered; all he could think about was the fact that he was abandoning Drago and Isi, even though he'd promised them --

He'd promised them!! And now their mother was gone, and he was going, and they were alone --

They could go to Praimfaya --

Heda. No, not her. Heda, his Heda; she'd died in the water too and was coming for him now. He saw her slate gray eyes, her dark bulk. He'd failed her as well, and Drageda; he was natrona -- Blodreina, crushed by rocks, he by water, it was punishment --

Let me live, he whispered in Trigedasleng, eyes wide, desperate. Somewhere in the corner of his vision, his mother shook her head.

Dragomir. Isilmë. He hoped they were safe. He hoped they remained safe. He hoped that someone would find him and let them know that he didn't leave them, that he died for their sake and would die a thousand times more if it meant keeping them from harm.

I'm sorry, the warrior breathed, but it was gurgled, his mouth half beneath the water. He heard but did not see, and soon he did not hear. The last sensation was dark and silent water before there was nothing altogether. There were no escape routes. There were no twists. Only death.

Surrounded by billowing blood, the body went limp, and Vercingetorix was now very fucking dead.

loved you buddy
Common · Trigedasleng
Messages In This Thread
RE: i imagine death so much, it feels more like a memory - by Vercingetorix - October 07, 2019, 03:44 PM