Moonspear and at the time i didn’t know just how hard the wind could blow
453 Posts
Ooc —
Isilmë appeared to support him from the side. Dragomir could always count on her to be there even when no one else was. Now that they were two souls adrift with nothing tethering them to reality, it would've been easy for the pair of them to fade into obscurity and become two nobodies. It would've been easy, but Dragomir didn't want that. That was what he was becoming in Kaistleoki, and he couldn't bear to become that here. This was the more difficult path, but it was the right one. He was glad his sister was taking it alongside him.

He hadn't expected Arcturus to stop and wait for him. He'd long since decided his own worth was too low for the regard of anyone but Isilmë and his father. It certainly had felt that way at the riverside pack, where none but his family and Speedy visited him regularly. It reminded him of Diaspora, a thought which sent a pang through his heart. He turned his head to peer up at the Beta that strode alongside them, ears canted to hear Arcturus' words against the mountainous wind, and for a long moment he struggled not to cry with relief.

Swallowing thickly, Dragomir glanced at Isilmë before saying, since the summer. There were only four wolves in the world who knew the entirety of what happened to Dragomir: himself, his tormenters, and Mahler. It was likely Dragomir would not speak of it to another soul. But he did share, vaguely, had an accident. Speedy helped me get better but my legs still don't move right. Not to mention how weak his muscles had become in the interim. To prove his resolve, he felt inclined to add, I'll do it. Every day. I promise.