Blackfeather Woods I felt your shadow on the way home.
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
I tried to reply to this on the ferry and I guess I didn't have a strong enough connection, rip.

She looked to what he'd scrawled and did not see what he had intended, but in the end it did not matter. His brows creased as he listened; but eventually she got to the conclusion of summer or at least knew it had been a long time. Most days he did not notice the collar at all - but right now, as she had shared her own tale of the black band and the terrifying force that bestowed it, the collar felt heavier than ever before. Too close to his precious throat. He felt strangled by it, and shook his shoulders in a flurry.

When her question arose, Mou's tail lifted and wagged, his features softening. He opened his mouth and mouthed yes but partway through began to nod, slowly, then fast, his tail wagging quickly -- but then he paused, the momentum going out of him as he considered, maybe, that Maegi might be asking for another reason. What if she didn't want him anymore? His expression became somber then, drawn across the dirt submissively as he scooted closer to her and lightly probed with his nose at her pale fur.

If she permitted his close proximity then he'd have his answer - but if she struck him down, he would take it as a message to leave, for good.
Messages In This Thread
I felt your shadow on the way home. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 15, 2019, 06:40 PM
RE: I felt your shadow on the way home. - by Maegi - October 15, 2019, 07:37 PM
RE: I felt your shadow on the way home. - by Maegi - October 15, 2019, 07:50 PM
RE: I felt your shadow on the way home. - by Maegi - October 16, 2019, 09:20 PM
RE: I felt your shadow on the way home. - by Maegi - October 17, 2019, 04:14 PM
RE: I felt your shadow on the way home. - by Maegi - October 27, 2019, 06:46 PM
RE: I felt your shadow on the way home. - by Maegi - October 30, 2019, 09:12 PM
RE: I felt your shadow on the way home. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - November 04, 2019, 08:30 PM
RE: I felt your shadow on the way home. - by Maegi - November 05, 2019, 04:14 PM
RE: I felt your shadow on the way home. - by Maegi - November 07, 2019, 09:03 AM