Sleepy Fox Hollow It always runs back but it's never quite the same
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She remained where she was, letting him embrace her while he spoke. For a few moments, she didn't even think about any of the shit between them; she was just grateful for the comfort. She tensed some at his words, though, and eventually stepped back a little, studying his face for a few moments, her own expression unreadable. She considered his words for a few silent moments and instead of the anger or resentment that she would normally feel, she felt only exhausted. She was tired of abiding by her strict standards of right and wrong. She was coming to the realization that she would never be able to find anyone who would be as loyal to her as she always was to those she cared about. She was always left feeling betrayed and hurt, and she wondered if maybe she should just accept her brother as he was. He loved her, that much was obvious, and she knew he hadn't ever hurt her intentionally, so maybe she should just let everything go.

Finally, her expression softened. It doesn't matter anymore, she said quietly. You can tell me what drove you away from me and our home if you wish, but you don't have to. I'm— She paused and closed her jaw, looking away for a second. When she met his gaze again, she continued. I'm here, in your life regardless. She watched his expression, unsure how he would react to her acceptance. It was not in character for her, but everything with the General had changed her more than she even realized.
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
RE: It always runs back but it's never quite the same - by Takiyok - January 09, 2020, 10:58 AM