Neverwinter Forest i hate my last name. i hate everything it stands for
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Um, why was he laughing now? Seriously. Sense = none. And then Cupid kept talking.

Blink

What.

Did he hear that right? Couldn't have. No. But he still felt like the world dropped out from under him. 
He took a step back, mouth gaping like a goldfish as his brain short-circuited a while longer and he finally found where his words went, N-- no that can't be right. You're joking, right? Desperately. This had to be a joke. Then he shook his head more vehemently, Nah. Can't be right. I'm not like my dad, this is some kind of freaky joke. Nah, Mal totally wasn't gonna have kids -- certainly not ones he wasn't super stoked and ready for. Obviously Delight hadn't really wanted them to exist in the end, or so he assumed by the way he drifted off to do his own thing well before he probably should. 

Now if Cupid thought he'd be alone on the self hate brigade, he certainly didn't know Mal very well. Mal did a very good job swapping between thinking he deserved better and that he must be awful. Right now? Definitely awful.  Mal was supposed to be better than his father, than the place he came from. This? Probably worse. Way worse. Congrats, Mal, on being an awful person yet again somehow, screw you wrecking lives without realizing it.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i hate my last name. i hate everything it stands for - by Mal - January 29, 2020, 10:57 PM