Firefly Glen piece of your heart
453 Posts
Ooc —
I'm going to play on the assumption Nanook isn't in the area, e.g. is scouting ahead or somewhere else, since only 1 companion was initially mentioned and I'm very uncomfortable with powerplay. Unless she joins, I would reaaally prefer to avoid mentioning her being present when she isn't!

Leta was very forthcoming with the reason she was being supervised—by two wolves, apparently, which took Dragomir by surprise. He'd only smelled one other wolf in the vicinity before, but there was a second? He couldn't say why that unnerved him; either her second companion was exceptionally good at hiding their scent or they weren't actually nearby. Regardless, he couldn't shake the sudden feeling that he was going to be surrounded, even though Leta gave him no reason to be wary of her or her companions.

I get it, he said, swallowing down a tremor in his own voice. Unlike Leta, he wasn't open to discussing his own unfortunate childhood with strangers. She was lovely to look at and her personality seemed lovely, as well, but he still didn't know her. Even the closest wolves back home didn't know that much about his past. Sorry you had that experience. We can wait, he granted, not without some trepidation. It could be a trap. But somehow he didn't think so. It definitely struck him as strange that a wolf her age still needed to be supervised, but better that than hurt again. Perhaps her pack didn't teach their yearlings how to defend themselves. Perhaps they didn't need to.

A nice thought, that. Oh, thanks, he said, dropping a bashful gaze to the rabbit. I've been hunting pretty much all my life. Or, well, since I was old enough to. He'd have had a lot more practice by now if not for Merrick and Astara, but... oh well. You'll get there. It's all in how close you can get before they notice you. Have you tried approaching them downwind?
Messages In This Thread
piece of your heart - by Leta - March 10, 2020, 02:51 PM
RE: piece of your heart - by Dragomir - March 12, 2020, 09:47 AM
RE: piece of your heart - by Leta - March 12, 2020, 11:17 AM
RE: piece of your heart - by Dragomir - March 19, 2020, 04:03 PM
RE: piece of your heart - by Leta - March 23, 2020, 09:09 AM
RE: piece of your heart - by Siarut - March 24, 2020, 09:21 PM
RE: piece of your heart - by Dragomir - March 26, 2020, 01:21 PM