Neverwinter Forest ah, shit— you left the door unlocked!
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
And she was leaving -- no wait, he didn't want that..! He reached out to her as she started to go, but it was a confused, sort of feeble attempt that in the end left him feeling more awkward and exposed than before. Don't take too long? was his suggestion to her. Look, he was definitely hunting her down if she wasn't back by the time this discussion was over, no question there.

But that left him there with Matty. Wait, Val? So it was Vallkyrie who brought it up? Whatever. Not 100% important probably. Mal was very set on thinking basically he was alone in the world -- no family except the kids he'd been spawning like mad. He didn't think that there was really much of a chance, not by any sort of reasonable reason but because he just assumed it. It went well with the doom and gloom that had been a good chunk of his independent life. 

If it weren't for that, maybe he could believe it. Instead, he shrugged, I dunno. My dad's dead. My mom didn't exactly stick around -- she left, came back then instantly left again, and then maybe came back again except maybe that was some sort of weird fever dream. I don't know anything about either of them beyond that. Chances were Matty had more information that might actually be useful at figuring it out than Mal did -- not that he was thinking clearly at this point, so, give him a few to piece his brain together.
Messages In This Thread
ah, shit— you left the door unlocked! - by Mathieu - April 14, 2020, 11:30 PM
RE: ah, shit— you left the door unlocked! - by Mal - April 15, 2020, 03:04 PM
RE: ah, shit— you left the door unlocked! - by Mal - April 21, 2020, 10:05 PM
RE: ah, shit— you left the door unlocked! - by Mal - April 21, 2020, 10:38 PM
RE: ah, shit— you left the door unlocked! - by Mal - April 21, 2020, 11:46 PM
RE: ah, shit— you left the door unlocked! - by Mal - April 22, 2020, 12:41 AM
RE: ah, shit— you left the door unlocked! - by Mal - April 22, 2020, 01:29 AM
RE: ah, shit— you left the door unlocked! - by Mal - April 22, 2020, 04:10 PM
RE: ah, shit— you left the door unlocked! - by Mal - April 22, 2020, 08:01 PM