Neverwinter Forest They didn't win another 'til 1962, the year he was discovered
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Simmik was fairly rational herself, so she was willing to accept his explanation; it didn't absolve him of her suspicion, though. For all she knew, he was some enemy of Aibreann's and was here to weasel his way in to the pack and hurt her, and as she was currently pregnant, Simmik couldn't allow herself to ignore the possibility that there might be ill-intent behind his easily offered charm. Even the fact that he mentioned an old family name wouldn't ease her wariness. Vallkyrie had been the one to mention the name first, so how could she be sure that the stranger was being truthful about his reason for being here? Family was a sensitive spot for Simmik, and she wanted to believe him, but she didn't take her new role as beta lightly, and if her decision here allowed for one theirs to get hurt or be made uncomfortable, then she wouldn't be able to forgive herself. And as for his comment regarding Blackthorn wolves? She had never met one as far as she knew.

His joke was met with an expressionless look from Simmik. It was hardly witty or funny in her opinion, and it only distracted everyone from the reason they were all standing here. She didn't often take herself too seriously, but this was not really the time for jokes. Perhaps she just felt more stressed about it all because she felt personally responsible for the outcome of this meeting. 

So she refrained from commenting on his question, instead, reiterating what Lenny has suggested. I can't just take you at your word, she finally supplied. I can't allow you across the borders without first making sure it's okay with Aibreann. If that made her unpopular in the strangers eyes, well, she really didn't care. I'd like to call her here to confirm your story. She looked to her packmates and then back to the stranger, waiting for to see if he had anything else to add before she summoned the pregnant woman here.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
RE: They didn't win another 'til 1962, the year he was discovered - by Simmik - May 27, 2020, 10:15 PM