Barrow Fields and drawing lines around my body to recall my place
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Is it okay if I set the time and weather? I like to be descriptive :>
If so the setting is: Evening — around 1800, 70 degrees.

The other male is hunting something — a doe — he has been tracking for about a day now. His steps are languid as he approaches the wild fields of newly reviving grass. Most of the land is barren except for the mounds, or hills, that are within sight at every which way he turns. He hasn’t even laid eyes on this animal yet, for all he knows she could’ve already been taken down by some other animal hours or even days ago. Yet, he finds himself persistent. Motivated to seek this meal that would feed him for days, the wolf-dog moves onward through the hills of this empty landscape.

For a moment, he loses the scent. He doesn’t frustrate so easily, so he continues, leathery nose stuck to the ground and tail high on his hips. He catches it only about ten minutes later, urging himself into a trot he lifts his head and sees the animal and all of her tall legged glory. He begins stalking towards the doe, thinking it would be a better idea to get more concealment by going around a smaller hill. 

Though when he turns the corner he basically comes face to face with another wolf — thing. Literally only about three feet apart, Donovan will admit he finds himself slightly startled and that’s not something that’s bestowed upon him often. So, his golden hues eye up the stranger taking in the interesting shades and colors of their pelt. He doesn’t yet see the others tail, but he can gather hints from his the odd patterns along his fur that he isn’t a wolf — or at least a full one.

Stepping back a bit he hums our a surprised noise. Canary eyes only slightly wider he chuckles. “Evening.” The word comes out smoothly and carries the edge of comedic undertones.
Messages In This Thread
RE: and drawing lines around my body to recall my place - by Kynareth Deagon - May 30, 2020, 11:11 AM