Stone Circle I'm so used to letting go
201 Posts
Ooc —
The moments after moved in a dreamlike blur. Dreamlike, if only because she felt so very numb. 

Death, death, and then even more! What had they done to deserve that? She sniffled as she thought, nothing... nothing at all... Aunt Nanook had only ever been good, and so had Kaito. She remembered Kaito, when they had first met. He had been so kind... and he and Arlette had fallen in love. Mother had not been very happy with the children to be, but she knew mother would never, ever wish what had happened upon them. 

That much had been very clear by her reaction to it all, but also because Leta knew her mother and her good, pure, heart. Leta saw it shine as she watched her mother speak for Aunt Nanook, and she almost leaned against uncle Siarut, feeling a bit woozy as all that had transpired suddenly seemed to take the shape of a heavy weight. She blinked, sadly, and looked to him, he who was none too amused... of course he was not, and Leta tried to sober further... though she was no soldier, and could not ignore the feeling of exhaustion from all of her misery. Still... She vowed that she would be there for him more. And her cousins, too... the girl which sat comfortably next to her fathers foreleg, but close to her own too for her own proximity. She thought back again... Leta had been patrolling that she had missed it all, but if she had been there, maybe it could have been her instead of aunt Nanook...

She knew that would have only made her mother sadder, and she knew she should not think that way. Mother and father would not want it, and neither would aunt Nanook. Be strong, she had heard. She kept around the children with that in mind. Physically, she was able to look it... but mentally, she still felt very fragile. 

A stirring wind brought the scent of Charles to her. She looked over her shoulder with watery eyes, regarding him with a sniffle and a little nod of hello... she felt guilt that she might feel any happiness at all (such as the sort she felt when she saw her friend) when Nanook and Kaito no longer could, and so looked away back toward her mother, gaze cast low.
Messages In This Thread
I'm so used to letting go - by RIP Valette - June 18, 2020, 03:40 PM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Siarut - June 19, 2020, 12:41 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Charles - June 19, 2020, 01:51 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Laurel - June 19, 2020, 01:54 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Oryx - June 19, 2020, 03:05 PM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Oiseaux - June 20, 2020, 12:01 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by West Tyree - June 20, 2020, 12:22 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Ikiaq - June 21, 2020, 10:49 PM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Leta - June 22, 2020, 08:33 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Greyback - June 22, 2020, 01:35 PM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Xan - June 28, 2020, 03:26 PM