Sunspire Mountains all the butterflies have turned to vultures in my stomach
Pledged
Dragonspine
fine as any blade
432 Posts
Ooc —
lmfao i love david gifs

Riley had to slam on the brakes as Esme whirled around, wincing as a sharp pain coursed up his hip. He looked utterly put off by the sudden 180, and he was -- slackjawed and wide eyed as Esme stridently countered the news with petulant dismay.

There wasn't much he could do in manner of response. One, she was the expected brains, and therefore, the elected leader of this outfit. He was just the pig-toting Delmar, along for the ride.

Things were just getting worse and worse, it seemed. Riley bit his lip and looked away as Esme received his query in complete shock, and then unrepentant refusal; he didn't even register her tacked on comment it was more one than the other. Looking at the ground like he had just been kicked, Riley swallowed and began to walk.

Hour away or no, he was ready to put his rejection behind him -- and unwilling to let Esme see how she had wounded him deeper than any of the faeries' fangs had.
Messages In This Thread
RE: all the butterflies have turned to vultures in my stomach - by Riley - August 11, 2020, 10:22 AM