Emberwood Did you wonder where I've been all night
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taikon would find her already awake, as she rarely slept long, and the absence of him next to her had been noticed, even in sleep. She was slightly worried, as it was the middle of the night, and she couldn't think of any good reason why he would be gone. She had even run the perimeter of their camp, noting only that his trail had left and continued on. 

At first she was relieved to hear his footsteps approaching from behind where she sat, scouring the trees for movement. She turned, worry on her face that quickly morphed into confusion. He had brought a stranger to their camp? What on earth was he thinking? There was blood, too, and a visible gash along the woman's chest, meaning something had happened. Maybe he had found her injured and he felt the need to help her, which might have been fine had they not been currently on the run. Something he hadn't seen from Taki yet was that she was not a very generous wolf when there was no stability in her life. How would they care for an injured stranger, and why would she want to add more hardship to what was already difficult? They hadn't even made it through the mountains yet, nor had they put enough space between them and Sagtannet to be able to afford slowing down for a stranger who she owed nothing to. 

All emotion left her expression, replaced with the icy mask she saved for such situations. Her fiery gaze moved from stranger to friend—stranger to friend, before finally settling on her friend, who she was feeling stupid for trusting so completely with her safety. As always, she could only count on herself to do things the right way. I hope you have a good reason for bringing more trouble into our lives, she said with quiet anger. Then she waited expectantly for whatever explanation would come.
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Taikon - November 27, 2020, 10:46 PM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Zephyr - November 27, 2020, 10:58 PM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Taikon - November 27, 2020, 11:30 PM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Zephyr - November 27, 2020, 11:38 PM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Taikon - November 27, 2020, 11:48 PM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Zephyr - November 28, 2020, 12:07 AM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Taikon - November 28, 2020, 12:22 AM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Zephyr - November 28, 2020, 12:40 AM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Taikon - November 28, 2020, 12:56 AM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Zephyr - November 28, 2020, 01:45 AM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Taikon - November 28, 2020, 02:04 AM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Takiyok - November 28, 2020, 02:23 AM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Zephyr - November 28, 2020, 02:32 AM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Taikon - November 28, 2020, 02:43 AM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Takiyok - November 28, 2020, 02:57 AM
RE: Did you wonder where I've been all night - by Taikon - November 28, 2020, 03:14 AM