Hideaway Strath drowning in calm waters
the dragon and her fire
162 Posts
Ooc — Leigh
The tiger sits beside her though Leigh doesn't budge. In some ways she does hate him, but now, after so long, she had grown tired of trying to avoid their relationship. Kynareth had never brought her any harm, not really, and the most she'd repay him with is a nice seat. But she still doesn't meet his eyes as her ears catch his words. She'd excuse the sad joke, however there was still so much more than needed to be said. There was still so much Kynareth didn't know about her, and perhaps this was the time to share.

The woman still wasn't one to judge the actions of another. She refused to judge, despite her frustration with Donovan's choices. For she wasn't much better than he was, and maybe he should have been the one to judge her.

"You have to understand Kynareth... I've done terrible things too. And I'm not saying this to get into the bad guy club. I'm saying this to admit my guilt, to show you that I am not the good person you see me as, nor will I ever be."

She was exhausted. Just exhausted. The she-wolf was sick of running from herself, she knew why she had stayed with the Saints despite all of their horribleness. She belonged here, she was just as bad as they were. It was true that she was eager to do better, maybe find some redemption and look forwards to the future. But the past still mattered, and perhaps showing Kynareth a piece of her history would aid him in understanding who she really was.

"I tried to do better once, for my family. I guess it was similar to you and Simmik. My husband helped me out of a life of crime and death, and I was thankful. He gave me a good life while it lasted. But after he died, I fell right back into that bottomless pit."

A faint sigh esceped her lips as she finished the sentence. Leigh didn't mean to ramble, she didn't want to ramble. But this was the only way she knew how to get her point across. Kynareth liked to interrupt, to answer every little comment. So to get through to him, she had to be aggressive with her words. Plow through and continue to speak regardless of how dumb or random she sounded.

"I guess I really am like my father. Never knew him, only heard stories. But he gave me everything he had. His pelt, eyes, hatred and rage. There's probably a price on his head, there's probably a hefty one on mine too."

She then leaned against the tiger, something she never thought she'd do again after Aya's execution. But the woman needed comfort, and he was the closest wolf nearby. Leigh hated him, she really did. Though she couldn't deny that it was the sweet kind of hate. The hate you have for family, the hate that still allows you to love someone at the same time.

"I may have not made many enemies here, but I've got them. They're out there in the world somewhere. But I doubt it'll be my enemies who kill me. It'll probably be your's. Because despite the hate I feel for you, I'd give my life to see your children have a father. It wouldn't be for you, it'd be for them. To give them a better life than I had."
Messages In This Thread
drowning in calm waters - by Leigh - January 17, 2021, 09:45 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Kynareth Deagon - January 18, 2021, 01:35 AM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Leigh - January 18, 2021, 11:49 AM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Kynareth Deagon - January 21, 2021, 03:36 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Leigh - January 21, 2021, 08:23 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Kynareth Deagon - January 21, 2021, 09:17 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Leigh - January 22, 2021, 06:31 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Kynareth Deagon - January 27, 2021, 03:09 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Leigh - January 28, 2021, 06:57 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Kynareth Deagon - January 31, 2021, 01:29 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Leigh - February 02, 2021, 07:55 PM