Hideaway Strath drowning in calm waters
the dragon and her fire
162 Posts
Ooc — Leigh
Though she leaned against the wolf, ear pressed against his side, her head shook in response to his blatantly incorrect words. A part of her couldn't blame Kynareth for his mindset. It was all he knew. But damn, he had to be pretty fucking dumb to sit here at five years old and still believe that shit. What a dingus.

Despite that, his words still stung. It never works, she'd never earn redemption? Jeez thanks, really encouraging speech there buddy. She didn't need it? That was where Leigh had to disagree. Unlike him, she had, or at least thought she had something to lose. It wasn't as simple as he made it sound. And then his children? He'd kill them? Kynareth was such a loser.

"The way you live doesn't make anyone stronger. Physically, perhaps, but that type of strength eventually fades with time. It doesn't last, it won't last. Choosing to do bad things, to be evil does not require any restraint. It's the easy path, the weak and mindless path. You may enjoy that life, but don't lie to me and try to lure my heart with false promises."

The woman didn't wish to argue. She was far too tired of fighting with Kynareth, they had done it so many times before. For now, she simply wanted to enjoy the company. Earn a reminder of what their relationship used to be. She'd participate in a debate, but if things escalated she would take her leave. Leigh had only turned four, but she felt older and older each day.

"I have accepted that part of myself. I know I'm not a good wolf, I don't think I'll ever truly be a good wolf. But instead of giving up and accepting that acts of evil are the only thing I'll ever be, ever amount to, is pathetic and selfish. And I will admit, you implying that I could never conjure the willpower to change is insulting."

For a moment there is silence. The she-wolf is unsure how to respond to the tiger's last comment. It doesn't surprise her, he had told her too many terrible things for her to be shocked by his words. But how could anyone reply to such cruelness?

"You would want that for your children? To have them terrify, murder, and ruin the lives of others? You would want them to kill other families, just as you killed mine? You would deprive them of happiness and a chance at a family of their own? Simmik was just luck, you would have been forever alone otherwise. If you ruin your children, you're bloodline is gonna end real fucking fast Genuis."

There is a rapid thump against her chest. Her heart rate had shot up upon finishing her last sentence, though as a small period of time passes the beating slows. Leigh takes a breath, and can finally bring herself to look up at the wolf, orange eyes staring at his striped face.

"I never wanted to change you. I know I can't change people. Just thought I might help you change yourself. Maybe if you're capable of doing some sort of good, just a little, there's some hope for me too. I'm willing, ready to go to hell. But my God, what I would give to see my family again. At least give me the hope of seeing my family, Don, give me that one thing."
Messages In This Thread
drowning in calm waters - by Leigh - January 17, 2021, 09:45 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Kynareth Deagon - January 18, 2021, 01:35 AM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Leigh - January 18, 2021, 11:49 AM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Kynareth Deagon - January 21, 2021, 03:36 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Leigh - January 21, 2021, 08:23 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Kynareth Deagon - January 21, 2021, 09:17 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Leigh - January 22, 2021, 06:31 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Kynareth Deagon - January 27, 2021, 03:09 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Leigh - January 28, 2021, 06:57 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Kynareth Deagon - January 31, 2021, 01:29 PM
RE: drowning in calm waters - by Leigh - February 02, 2021, 07:55 PM