Redhawk Caldera Is it rejoicing, or merely halloing?
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Rue couldn't really explain why she hadn't howled for a leader-- lost in thought maybe, distracted by pain? Or, perhaps it was that small piece of her that didn't really believe Towhee could be alive, and drawing out the time which her beloved alpha's fate was still unknown seemed preferable to the crushing weight of the inevitable truth.

Rue stopped in her tracks as the streak of black and orange rushed toward her, rapidly closing the distance. Her heart leapt into her throat, and a low, excited whine escaped from her. 

"It really is you."  Towhee spoke, seemingly voicing Rue's own thoughts aloud as she approached. "Please tell me you're here to stay."  Rue took in a long, steadying breath, and nodded. 

"If you'll have me. I'm.. not really worth much as a scout anymore." That much would be made evident by the pain in Rue's movements.  

Rue swallowed hard. There was so much to catch up on, so many questions-- how had Towhee survived a literal mountain falling on her? Who else from Asterism Grove was here? What had they been doing for the past year? Rue opened her mouth to ask, but then couldn't decide where to start. After a moment spent in silence, trying and failing to find words, she simply signed what was on her heart. I'm so, so happy to see you. 
Messages In This Thread
Is it rejoicing, or merely halloing? - by Ruenna - January 21, 2021, 11:23 AM
RE: Is it rejoicing, or merely halloing? - by Towhee - January 21, 2021, 12:54 PM
RE: Is it rejoicing, or merely halloing? - by Ruenna - January 21, 2021, 01:46 PM
RE: Is it rejoicing, or merely halloing? - by Towhee - January 21, 2021, 03:09 PM
RE: Is it rejoicing, or merely halloing? - by Ruenna - January 26, 2021, 01:01 PM
RE: Is it rejoicing, or merely halloing? - by Towhee - January 26, 2021, 03:51 PM
RE: Is it rejoicing, or merely halloing? - by Ruenna - January 31, 2021, 01:06 PM
RE: Is it rejoicing, or merely halloing? - by Towhee - February 01, 2021, 09:58 PM
RE: Is it rejoicing, or merely halloing? - by Ruenna - February 02, 2021, 08:48 AM