Hideaway Strath come not between the dragon, and her wrath.
the dragon and her fire
162 Posts
Ooc — Leigh
I'm sorry.

Leigh's heart immediately dropped as Arlette spoke. She had no idea that they shared such a painful memory, nor did she expect to have so much in common. It was unbearably painful to now know that someone else had experienced the same sorrow. The woman knew that her story wasn't unique, but she hadn't expected to come across another who could understand the same grief. And unlike herself, Arlette had received a visual reminder of the incident, and was forced to face the memory day after day. Leigh couldn't imagine how that felt, and she wanted to kick herself for complaining.

"Thank you... I appreciate your words, truly. I've been trying to view the world that way, stay positive. But each day makes it more and more frustrating, seeing no change and no results."

The she-wolf had always lived with a purpose. First, she was built to fight. Then, she became a thief. And after, a mother. But now, she served no purpose. There was nothing to distract her from the painful past, and all she had done since coming to Teekons was wander. Wandering, talking, lonely.

"I'm not sure if I could bring myself to have another family. I don't know if I'm even capable of having one. I loved my husband, I still love him, and I cannot imagine myself moving on without him. There was this one wolf, a handsome fellow who I met during my travels. But he was simply an encounter, and I doubt I'll be seeing him again. I don't want to be alone, but I'm not sure if I'd be much happier if I wasn't."
Messages In This Thread
come not between the dragon, and her wrath. - by Leigh - February 06, 2021, 05:54 PM
RE: come not between the dragon, and her wrath. - by Arlette - February 07, 2021, 05:43 AM
RE: come not between the dragon, and her wrath. - by Leigh - February 08, 2021, 08:25 PM
RE: come not between the dragon, and her wrath. - by Arlette - February 09, 2021, 10:40 AM
RE: come not between the dragon, and her wrath. - by Leigh - February 15, 2021, 06:26 PM
RE: come not between the dragon, and her wrath. - by Arlette - February 18, 2021, 02:41 PM
RE: come not between the dragon, and her wrath. - by Leigh - February 22, 2021, 05:48 PM
RE: come not between the dragon, and her wrath. - by Arlette - February 24, 2021, 05:25 AM
RE: come not between the dragon, and her wrath. - by Leigh - February 27, 2021, 02:37 PM
RE: come not between the dragon, and her wrath. - by Arlette - February 27, 2021, 05:10 PM