Redhawk Caldera You gotta know your limits with a boombox
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Ruenna let her brow raised again in "surprise" as the boy emitted another "Boo!" 

She seemed to have won him over by naming the other residents of the Hobbit Hole. She wagged her tail as he excitedly explained his own relations, and she gave him a little lick on the top of his head when he bent down to butt her shoulder. 

"Yes," she said softly-- almost regretfully-- as the boy realized that they had interacted once before. Ruenna had hoped that the incident had occurred before Killdeer was old enough to retain formative memories, but that didn't seem to be the case. "I was there." How had it affected Killdeer, to have seen his mother engaged in such an impulsive and aggressive act? 

"Why don't we find Caracal?" Ruenna suggested lightly. "I have something I want to show you both." Earlier, she had found a bush that appeared to be home to a half-dozen lizards, and no doubt the boys would enjoy  "hunting" the little creatures, perhaps with some pointers from Auntie Rue.

Wrapping with a fade.

"Can you use you nose to track him?" Ruenna encouraged, demonstrating by inhaling deeply. She began to drift in the correct direction, perhaps providing a hint to Killdeer. They proceeded slowly in the direction of the gardens and medicine den, where Caracal seemed to be spending more time these days. It might be time to starting looking into finding a healer to mentor the budding caregiver-- perhaps his great aunt Raven would be a good match.

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.
Messages In This Thread
RE: You gotta know your limits with a boombox - by Ruenna - August 03, 2021, 01:36 PM
RE: You gotta know your limits with a boombox - by Ruenna - August 24, 2021, 10:57 AM
RE: You gotta know your limits with a boombox - by Killdeer - September 26, 2021, 02:13 PM
RE: You gotta know your limits with a boombox - by Ruenna - October 16, 2021, 11:48 AM