Blacktail Deer Plateau pasiaktuk
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
The hunter responded jovially, and Lane's admission about her faulty memory was also received with humor and high spirits. 

Continuing on their high note, Kigipigik had good news to share about his budding pack. Lane was a bit puzzled by his claim of their growing numbers-- she couldn't smell much of anyone at the moment-- but then again, perhaps these lands she stood upon were too far outside of Blacktail's current claim. It made sense to Lane that the pack would follow the herd closely, more heavily claiming the parts of the plateau that were occupied by deer. 

"Village!" Lane repeated, eyes lighting in recognition, "..that's what Kukutux calls it!" Did they know each other? She wagged her tail at his compliments, noting that he didn't make any mention or inquiries regarding her recent pregnancy. That earned him some points. During her pregnancy, Lane had been astonished by how many wolves-- perfect strangers!-- felt it necessary to comment on such a personal topic and ask all manner of intrusive questions.

"Duskfire Glacier thrives," Lane reported, although her face fell a bit as she said so. Lane wished she possessed the same enthusiasm for her home as Kigipigik projected about his own, but it seemed the spell was broken for her. "Wintersbane took a mate and raised her to alpha. Other wolves paired off and produced young." A sore point for Lane, to be sure.

"Many of my packmates have professed caregiving trades, and I.." Lane hesitated for a fraction of a second before bulldozing forward. "I have wondered lately if my own medical know-how might be more useful somewhere else." Well, there it was. The door was officially open, thanks to Lane's ruthlessly forthright nature. She'd kept uncharacteristically quiet about her feelings for Rye, and as a result he had slipped through her grasp. She wouldn't make the same mistake twice. From here on out, Lane was an open book.
Messages In This Thread
pasiaktuk - by Kigipigak - July 19, 2021, 01:20 PM
RE: pasiaktuk - by Lane - July 26, 2021, 12:08 PM
RE: pasiaktuk - by Kigipigak - August 01, 2021, 08:26 PM
RE: pasiaktuk - by Lane - August 02, 2021, 08:42 AM
RE: pasiaktuk - by Kigipigak - August 02, 2021, 08:32 PM
RE: pasiaktuk - by Lane - August 03, 2021, 09:25 AM
RE: pasiaktuk - by Kigipigak - August 03, 2021, 09:44 AM
RE: pasiaktuk - by Lane - August 03, 2021, 10:24 AM
RE: pasiaktuk - by Kigipigak - August 03, 2021, 10:47 AM
RE: pasiaktuk - by Lane - August 03, 2021, 11:49 AM
RE: pasiaktuk - by Kigipigak - August 03, 2021, 01:39 PM