Duskfire Glacier holding the matches
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Issorartuyok was kind to offer his words of comfort, especially when it was so easy to tell that he was eager to be off once more. However, there was a hint of self-depreciation in his praise, particularly as he noted that he hoped to be as good as Lane "one day." 

"You already are as good, Issorartuyok. Better, even." There had never been any doubt as to who between them was the trueborn leader. "If I am adored--" Lane wasn't sure she would have used that word herself, but so be it-- "It's because they know me. I've been here. 'Still,' as you put it. You've been doing really good work for our people, but it's been out of sight. Maybe sometime soon, we can switch roles.. and I'll do some scouting while you hold down the fort." 

A wry smile found her expression. There was irony in her suggestion, given that Issorartuyok was about to dash off again. "Bring our people back safe. Once they're all together--" Wait, wasn't there a word for that..? "--Once they're atautsikut, then.. then we'll talk more about how we're going to lead them." 

Lane fell quiet. She dipped her forehead to give him an encouraging bump on his shoulder.
Messages In This Thread
holding the matches - by Lane - January 26, 2022, 04:01 PM
RE: holding the matches - by Issorartuyok - January 26, 2022, 04:08 PM
RE: holding the matches - by Lane - January 26, 2022, 07:04 PM
RE: holding the matches - by Issorartuyok - January 26, 2022, 07:55 PM
RE: holding the matches - by Lane - January 26, 2022, 08:21 PM
RE: holding the matches - by Issorartuyok - January 26, 2022, 08:33 PM
RE: holding the matches - by Lane - February 21, 2022, 11:31 AM
RE: holding the matches - by Issorartuyok - March 08, 2022, 02:36 AM