Lion Head Mesa For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
She did not know what to expect. When he spoke she initially flushed warm and red and bashful, but while listening to the words more intently, she saw dangers.

Pretty-faced. A good worker. Amicable among people. All good things for a fellahin - blessings, except...

But what else?! Nazli can't help the minor eruption. The reeds she previously held were crushed. Ruined. She carefully places them aside and looks at the floor.

I'm sorry. I... she didn't know how to put in to words all that she felt, or how threatening such praise now sounded to her, given what she knew to expect of her own life. Jawahir had given her fair warning but it had destabilized something essential within Nazli.

It was recently shared with me that... hmm, her eyes were glossy and she willed the sensation away. There are more uses for fellahin than what I've been trained, so far. My -- Jawahir, they... Advised me of it.

Hot, getting hotter, like her skin was aflame and she felt repulsed, and repulsive, and -- many unmentionable things.
Messages In This Thread
RE: For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand. - by Nazli - October 11, 2022, 03:03 PM