Sunbeam Lair vicariously I live while the whole world dies
Qeya River
Prima*
always an angel, never a god
396 Posts
Ooc — Twin

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: mentions of implied abuse

Her offer is accepted. Rawboned limbs wind around his neck, coming to rest atop his shoulders. There's a soft hum that rumbles deep in her chest, muzzle finding a place between his ears. 
It's strangely intimate; much more so than they had ever previously been, but now was not the time to question it. She chuckles at his comment about children, and briefly, she thinks of what her life would have ended up being if she had given into temptation. If one day, she would have held a child this way; if she could ever love one enough to do so. If she could feel so strongly as Akavir does about Lilitu. 
If you're asking what I think, she mutters. I think if she's not there, then, y'know... that's a good thing. It means she's not-- dealing with them, anymore, probably. And for all we know she's somewhere else entirely, and she's safe, wherever she is. Wishful thoughts spoken in a hushed tone, anything she could think of that may provide him with comfort. 
We're gonna find her, Akavir, one forepaw pulls back to cup his cheek. and you're, you're-- you're gonna be okay. Y-- we will figure it out.
Her eyes are locked on the gunsmoke guard hairs that run down his nape, the faded scars buried beneath it, and she thinks of her own father. How this is what real men, real fathers did for their daughters; how her own would have never done the same. How her own raised her under lock and key with drunken slurs and teeth that pierce the skin of his own blood. And suddenly, she cannot stop the tears that well in her eyes. 
Messages In This Thread
RE: vicariously I live while the whole world dies - by Wren - June 20, 2023, 05:20 PM