Luneshale Pass just an appendage
Akashingo
Jodai*

blameless
298 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Toula had entrusted Akashingo to lie beneath Zaahira's watchful eyes, and she knew this;
And she could not lie. Not to her Queen, her godhead, her friend. Not when seafoam eyes grow round with glee and gratitude; not when they lookvto her as if she holds the world at her fingertips. Not all was well. I am glad that you are well, my dearest. You are radiant as always.
But then, Zaahira's expression falters into one of concern, of sadness. There are others who live here, yes. Coyotes, I believe. They did not cause us harm, and with this she nods, a gentle swing of her narrow head. but there is something else I must tell you, malakti.
Her voice crests into a salted whisper. There was a disturbance when we met with one of the coyotes. One of our princes ordered his men to seize her against the wish of erpa-ha Senmut, and it-- it was frightening. I ordered our mazoi to stay put, but his men do not listen to my command. He does not take kindly to my presence, either, and, she swallows the bulb that had settled in her throat. I hate to say this, but I have begun to fear for your safety around him. Believe me, Divine One, I wish it not to be true and for me to be imagining things, but I cannot ignore it.
She does not mention the name; wildfire eyes glaze with renewed tears. I am sorry. I did not want to cause you unrest, or fear, or... or anger. But I do not know what else to do.
Messages In This Thread
just an appendage - by Zaahira - September 19, 2023, 08:40 PM
RE: just an appendage - by Toula - September 26, 2023, 10:09 PM
RE: just an appendage - by Zaahira - September 26, 2023, 10:48 PM
RE: just an appendage - by Toula - October 01, 2023, 10:05 PM
RE: just an appendage - by Zaahira - October 02, 2023, 04:48 PM
RE: just an appendage - by Toula - October 02, 2023, 05:44 PM
RE: just an appendage - by Zaahira - October 02, 2023, 06:00 PM
RE: just an appendage - by Toula - October 02, 2023, 07:37 PM
RE: just an appendage - by Zaahira - October 05, 2023, 06:49 PM
RE: just an appendage - by Toula - October 08, 2023, 03:58 PM
RE: just an appendage - by Zaahira - October 12, 2023, 09:39 PM