Swiftcurrent Creek There is no way but up
Qeya River
Prima*
always an angel, never a god
396 Posts
Ooc — Twin
She almost killed him.
She almost killed him and she knew this; but he had almost killed her. The retelling that spills from the elder's lips brings forth a snarling rage. Was there no sympathy? No understanding of why this had all transpired?
You come here in good faith, her eyes seethe, brows narrowed to a fine point. but you actually just come here to demand I be punished for defending my family? and she laughs, then, a dry, misanthropic croon, because if she hadn't she perhaps would have dissolved to tears.
Alright then, here, tell me what you would do. Imagine you hear a distress call from your packmate, and when you get there you see another one of yours dead with a newborn, and two strangers that you've never seen before in your life tryin' ta steal the baby. One of 'em, the man, makes a go at your leader's daughter, who had the newborn in her mouth, and you must be thinkin' to yourself, oh, shit, this guy's gonna kidnap or kill two children, right? So you-- you make a move. And you bite the guy, and it was supposed to just be a warning to make him go the fuck away. And you try and tell 'em who you are, thinking maybe if he knows the baby belongs to us he'll-- stop, somehow. And he just... whips around and he goes fuckin' crazy on you, when all you wanted was to defend your pack, and now it's a life or death fight.
Her head cranes to reveal the scabs that still linger upon her neck, her shoulders, her forelegs. Ugly, sinister. He didn't stop. I almost died. I didn't wanna kill him, man, I swear to god, I-- I mean shit, I'm glad I didn't. I didn't know where he was from or who the hell he was, and if I knew he was one a' yours, none of that woulda happened. At least not on my end. and that, that was sincere; but there was no going back from this now.
A brief glance to Akavir before she exhales a labored breath. I'm sorry. I am. But maybe you should think twice about trusting a guy who wreaks havoc on your allies, let alone come to their home in his honor and try to defend him. If anything, we should be interrogating you.
Messages In This Thread
There is no way but up - by Gunnar - September 30, 2023, 05:35 PM
RE: There is no way but up - by Akavir - September 30, 2023, 05:51 PM
RE: There is no way but up - by Gunnar - September 30, 2023, 05:57 PM
RE: There is no way but up - by Mae - September 30, 2023, 06:18 PM
RE: There is no way but up - by Wren - September 30, 2023, 06:44 PM
RE: There is no way but up - by Akavir - October 01, 2023, 06:19 AM
RE: There is no way but up - by Gunnar - October 01, 2023, 07:02 AM
RE: There is no way but up - by Wren - October 01, 2023, 10:41 AM
RE: There is no way but up - by Akavir - October 03, 2023, 02:38 PM
RE: There is no way but up - by Gunnar - October 03, 2023, 02:47 PM
RE: There is no way but up - by Wren - October 03, 2023, 03:58 PM