Ocean's Breath Plateau we'll sing until our jaws are broken
Morningside
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
509 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
All Welcome 
Phew I know I have a few more older threads to reply to; I just want to get things current & established before I turn my new writing juices to past scenes. Hoping for @Heph or @Rodyn; Dutch is here with @Simbelmyne, @Sulukinak, & @Aditya.

They came early in the morning, having stopped for the darkest hours for a brief nap. They were laden with pelts about their shoulders, and Dutch carried a bundle in his jaws as well — gifts for the pack's leadership. Even with all this, they had left some behind in the caves. Eira had been busy in her time at the glacier, and so Dutch had made up a soft bed in the most frequented area. A place where the woman could lie down and rest, if she happened to wander back into the territory. But they'd brought most of their stock along with them, some to be shared and some to make their own beds with, and one fine ramskin that Dutch planned to give to Chakliux when he next saw the man.

At the outer edge of the territory, Dutch set down the bundle of soft rabbit pelts and lifted his head to call out:

Morningsong is here; we come seeking shelter.

He hoped that they would be welcomed. It had only now occurred to him to wonder if Heph and Rodyn would appreciate another family among them. He would petition at least for a short-term stay if the territory could not support them. He was sure they could contribute enough that they would not be a burden.

He cut a glance to Simbelmyne at his side, and then Sulukinak and Aditya at his other. He was worried about the older man, though he'd tried not to be too obvious about it while they were still on the road.

"After we've seen Heph and Rodyn, we will find someplace to set all this down," he promised them, his gaze lingering not quite surreptitiously on his father.
Messages In This Thread
we'll sing until our jaws are broken - by Dutch - March 21, 2024, 11:37 PM
RE: we'll sing until our jaws are broken - by Sulukinak - March 22, 2024, 01:17 AM
RE: we'll sing until our jaws are broken - by Rodyn - March 22, 2024, 07:24 AM
RE: we'll sing until our jaws are broken - by Aditya - March 24, 2024, 08:23 AM
RE: we'll sing until our jaws are broken - by Dutch - March 31, 2024, 11:43 PM
RE: we'll sing until our jaws are broken - by Sulukinak - April 05, 2024, 01:00 PM
RE: we'll sing until our jaws are broken - by Rodyn - April 05, 2024, 06:29 PM
RE: we'll sing until our jaws are broken - by Dutch - April 05, 2024, 07:19 PM