Duskfire Glacier flame of the heart
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
probably backdated a lil bit (i've had a lot going on x_x). she's kind of heading into where glacier just begins to meet the ridge. idk screw timelines lol 

After loitering in Ankyra Sound to recharge, she put her travels into overdrive to cover the most ground before she had to get back to the Sunspire -- which was already beginning to feel overdue, somehow. She made her way across fields, saw a mountain's peak looming on the distant northern horizon, then kept going until the openness gave way to icefields which rose up jaggedly into the glaciers. She proceeded curiously, as these were unknown stretches of landscape to her, and she kept moving through the nighttime hours.

She ranged along, admiring moon-draped the landscapes, their pathways, and the scents of prey and wolf alike as she crossed onto what had once been pack in the late hours of the night. With so many of the northern happenings unknown to her, she had no idea of the events here not so long ago, but traveled on feeling determined to cover as many miles as she could. Before long, she saw the ridge rising up ahead with the sun beginning to light the skies above it.

But as she drew closer, and before the landscape's elevation fully began to slope upward, she noticed more scents nearby. This slowed her down and she was accordingly guarded; after all, she had managed to go a long time without running into a pack, or really that many wolves (a true testament to the vastness of even the Teekon's north). Somehow, something almost seemed familiar, but she was not yet able to place it in full considering how many wolves she had met during her years in the Teekon, so she was curious and watchful for the presence of others as daylight slowly spread over the horizon.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
9 Posts
Ooc —
@Amekaze Dropping in! <333333

The feline grinned as he watched her, pointed teeth flashing in a menacing smile. The dark, lonely wolf didn't know what she was in for and the thought of such a thing released enough endorphins in his brain to make the danger of facing her worth it. This, mixed with whatever drug was in his system at the moment made him discard the regard for his safety.

He dropped from the trees like a stone, landing nimbly on all four feet only an arm's reach away. The feline scream that left him was thunderous and volatile, giving away that he was out for blood. 'Run run run, little doggy.' The thought drifted through his mind, sending a shot of adrenaline through his muscled body. This was gonna be so much fun.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
!!!!!!
Amekaze had been alone for much for her travels. Here and there, a path crossed with another but these encounters were always brief and she moved on. This was the about the same, even across these stretches of empty territory. 

When she thought she felt predatory eyes, somewhere deep in the instincts her skin prickled, and before she could even fully register the s sensation, her sights were red. All at once, tranquility shattered by something unimaginably foul. Tan fur, and blazing eyes with an ugly screech, her senses were turned onto painful overdrive as she bristled, pulled back her lips, and backpedaled. This could turn ugly.

These rotten beasts had already cost her so much. She hadn't seen one in so long, and certainly not so close, but she knew without a doubt that the hatred remained just as it always had. Fury burned, and she had to weigh her options. There was the temptation to face it head on, enjoy the madness of a final charge, and go.. but, could she?

So to test her luck, she spun on her heels and sped off, all while cursing her unfamiliarity with this terrain. She didn't know the best paths, or the best routes; if this were closer to her own mountain, she would. She realized she was skimming towards the east, but knew not what was in that direction exactly. Her own home was even too far for her to loose a howl to her comrades, so she was left to hope it was for her best interest in one way or another.

Amekaze kept her ears swung back to listen to the cat's moves, and focused on not misplacing her footing and gaining speed together.
9 Posts
Ooc —
Omg I totally forgot about this thread I'm so sorry!!!!

She ran. Of course she did. And the normally drugged feline gave chase, his legs carrying him faster than any wolf would have been able to travel. He was built for this landscape, but even as he neared her, Red found no joy in killing her now. He wanted to toy with his food, as he would have with a mouse.

His pace slowed, a rumble trickling from his jaws as his nose went to work, taking in the sweet but pungent smell of her fear. Teeth showed in a terrible grin, paws carrying him off to the side, out of her line of vision should she look back. Perhaps it would look like he had given up the chase and normally, he might have, but he was not inhibited by any substances today. Not yet, anyway.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
omg no don't worry!! i've been absent, and i lost the first draft of this bc laptop is on last leg i think ):< (also u can rough her up a lil if u wanna if it comes to that idc)
She scraped for a focus, but her mind was drawn in too many directions all at once. Aggressively she tried to read the landscape in a vain attempt to predict the best route to take, and of course, given her dedication to gaining speed, this proved difficult. Overloaded, and fighting off an unfamiliar sense of dread, she decided to  just keep going. She pinned her ears and ran.

Somewhere over the wild pounding of her heart, she noticed her rhythm was now alone -- the cat's footfalls had.. backed off? Curiosity certainly got the better of her and she looked back as swiftly as she could, which yielded her mixed answers. The cat was no longer in obvious hot pursuit.. but the lack of visual confirmation on the wretched thing did well to inspire uneasiness. She didn't feel like this hunt had been abandoned, and half-slid down a steep little hill that fed into a thick copse of trees. Ame had to weave and wind a new path, and this cost her speed, but once past it, she loosed into a trot then a canter, now finding a path towards the south.

Often she glanced around her, back in the direction she'd last seen her hunter. The scenery did her no favors and only darkened with the cover of trees. She hoped for an upcoming waterway, or a break in the foliage, but neither came so far. Eventually it would have open into a valley..

It would be a while before she could trust that she had shaken the cat, so until then, she simply kept going away.