Ravensblood Forest everlastingly unlimited
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
i know this is a crummy little starter of a post but attn horizon ridge ppls maybe??
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

The wild-furred Rikudou had become well-acquainted with the river. She had come to understand its nuances, down to many of its subtle features that were easily overlooked at first glance. Over and over again she traveled its lengths, through the forests and towards the sea then back again. Here, she hunted and slept, passing the hours, cold and lonesome.

Now and then she thought of Akhlut, admittedly. She had met him along the river, after all, smelling of the sea itself and drawing her curiously closer. Amekaze felt compelled to know him better but had settled to observe from afar for now. She watched from a distance, wondering if maybe she could solace among his wolves, or just a different type of struggle than the one she had grown accustomed to.

Nevertheless, now evening had begun to settle upon the forest as she strayed from the river's edge to head deeper. She angled north-westward, roughly, a bit closer towards the direction of the Ridge's boundaries. If it were not for the massive trees, its landmarks may have loomed in the distance, but the fortress of wood and increasing darkness hid it from sight and she knew better than to stray too close when she had no business there.

Soon, she became nothing more than a shadow and once her legs were good and stretched, her evening hunt began.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
<font style="font-family:arial; font-size:14px; font-style: italic; color:#006699;">A strong wolf stands above and conquers all</font><p><a href="http://imgur.com/bLLjcbM">Full Reference</a><p>Avatar by STEVIE!
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Kisu walked listlessly among the tall and fat sequoias that made up the forest. He was not straying too far from the den, but felt as if he needed fresh air. Ever since running into his son, he had been in a deep depression; it was a wonder that he was even up and walking.

His mood picked up a little, though, when he viewed a familiar female he had spent the night with not too long ago. "Ame!" he called out. "Hey!" His voice sounded foreign to himself, and was raspy. "Are you in the pack now?" His tail swayed in eagerness.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

She took in the smells, the sights, the sounds, and melded with the woods heart and soul. It didn't take her long to notice the company of another -- the sound of his footfalls over the underbrush, the odor of pack wolf woven into the fibers of his furs. She lifted her head to regard him when the time was right, a familiar sight that inspired no wariness.

Kisu, she greeted in a rumble once she had splayed her ears, noticing the rasp of his voice with a touch of caution. No, but... perhaps soon, she chuffed. He seemed eager about the prospect of her being in the pack judging by the wave of his tail. She was unsure how to feel exactly. You seem interested in the idea of it, though.. she intoned.

<font style="font-family:arial; font-size:14px; font-style: italic; color:#006699;">A strong wolf stands above and conquers all</font><p><a href="http://imgur.com/bLLjcbM">Full Reference</a><p>Avatar by STEVIE!
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
His face fell slightly. Ame was acting as if they were mere passersby instead of two wolves that had hunted and spent the night together; he would have considered them friends now and the sullen attitude that had encased him before urged to return at the heartfall.

He hestitated. "Well... yes. I mean, it was nice spending time with you in those woods. It would be fun to have more adventures together, especially in this area. The sea, the forest -- it's a great area to relax and hunt." The mostly grey male's tail quivered slightly, but had fallen due to his previous feelings. Ame seemed a bit cold and unfriendly this day.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

It would take her time to warm. She had more on her mind than she wanted, and important choices loomed. Amekaze could feel their weight bearing down on her and she was rightfully torn between the full extent of freedom or camaraderie, it seemed. That, and she did not know that matters troubled him as well, although she wondered if she should suspect something. Even the zen of the forests couldn't soothe her fully.

Ame 'hm'-ed quietly in response. I have been considering joining, she mentioned along with a tiny nod. Nothing particularly reasonable held her back, actually. Her tail remained lax and her shoulders softened somewhat. I like this place too, so there is a chance. Do you like it? The pack, she meant.

280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
He shrugged. "Ahklut basically lets us do anything we want. He is hardly around, which I kind of prefer. I have been a lone wolf for so long, that being around other wolves can be annoying sometimes -- except my mate, of course." He looked around. If she heard me say I found other wolves annoying, it might be my ear she'll rip from me.

"Anyway, we are pretty much a pack without really being a pack... if that makes sense. I am not sure that the young male in charge is cut out to be a leader yet, but time will tell." Kisu paused. "I am not sure if I am making a good case for this pack or not, but it's up to you if you want to join, really. You seem to enjoy your freedom." The rusted grey wolf shrugged again.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Kisu's response was straightforward and provided her with a viewpoint that she had not had before. Evidently, the structure was looser than she had envisioned and his mention of Akhlut not being around often was curious. I understand. I would certainly feel bothered by a leader or pack wolves that were.. constantly near, she murmured in agreement. Being a loner for so long would have its lasting effects.

Strange, but perhaps not a bad arrangement for wolves who do not need constant guidance..? Like herself. Kisu seemed vaguely alright with the situation too, but she couldn't say with the utmost of certainty. What makes you say that? I do know he is young, still, Again, much like herself, although she recognized herself as far too unproven for a role like that. Maybe in the future her time may come. She wouldn't rule it out for good, for she was coolly confident in her strength.

It is true, I do.. but, I miss having a more defined greater purpose, and the camaraderie sometimes.. As a loner she was rather aimless with only her vague, overall goals for the long-term and not to mention, it was lonely. Amekaze didn't appreciate overbearing presences, but good company was welcome now and then.

280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
"He is young and absent. He does not seem to have the strength needed to rule these lands. Maybe he is off on some sort of retreat where he is making himself worthy of such a role. I do not think he knew the challenges of ruling other wolves." He spoke honestly, and if word got back to Akhlut, what would he do? The words Kisu spoke were truths.

"I am sure this pack will allow you to be a loner and a part of a group at the same time, Ame. There is another pack with a more able leader nearby with a leader named Hawkeye. I am not entirely sure what her pack is like, but here it can be lonely sometimes. I am always around if needed; my mate is off on adventures constantly and I look for company." Pitching another pack is not what Kisu had wanted, but if he and Pied were to flee, he figured they could find shelter there, so why not do Hawkeye a favor and give her a potential pack member? Though, Kisu would prefer Ame stayed with the pack he was in so he could selfishly have a friend.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

The corners of her lips twitched downward. She did not understand the idea of a retreat to become worthy of a role exactly and thought it bizarre. No one had ever needed to do that where she had come from, but this was a different sort of land. Because of this, she sometimes felt out of place yet still drawn to here for reasons she still failed to understand. Her frustration was bound to become palpable some day.

Nevertheless, she tilted her head. Strange, she remarked along with her furrowed expression. I would think the best way to make oneself worthy is through experience, Amekaze quipped. Does he have fellow leaders? Or only him? She had never smelled others and Akhlut had never lead her to believe there were others. She just wanted to be sure.

Hm, I have only heard a bit of their likes, she said. They are more inland, yes? If he may know. Amekaze had never felt a pull to them in particular, nor had she sought it out really. I mean, not that I could not tolerate some loneliness myself. I have since summer, so... and I already know more Ridge wolves.. A decent handful of them, too.

280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
ooc: sorry for the delay!

"I agree with your words. I did not think of his possible naive thinking or ignorance to ruling over a pack." He shook his head as if to say, he is by himself. "Akhlut rules alone." Adding this, Kisu hoped she understood.

"Yes, they are near where the hot springs lay." He paused. "Joining or not, it is entirely up to you. I will not try to convince you of making yourself in the ranks of Horizon Ridge. This is something that you have to search your soul for, Ame." Which is something he wished he had done before returning the howl that Akhlut had let out.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She listened and nodded her head slowly. So he ruled alone and this was of no surprise to her. Perhaps co-leaders would help him? Or he just needed more time? It was not easy to say.

Amekaze's birth pack had always had a duo of leaders -- her parents. Yet even apart, they were not exceptionally weakened. It happened occasionally, namely when her father would range out for battle or otherwise. He could rule abroad, while her dam maintained the home-front as if nothing had changed. However they were experienced, and hardened to a sharpened edge by warring times.. and they always had been in Ame's time.

She had already learned that this place was different, and very much so. I know, she sighed, as it was something often on her thoughts. As I intend to learn more of Akhlut and look at the other packs more closely, it should help me decide. Eventually. She only wished it were more clear. I do thank you for sharing what you have. I like hearing the view of the pack wolves, she said with nod, and reached to poke his shoulder with her muzzle.

280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
He knocked his head against her shoulder as well, and smiled. "I hope to hear from you again soon, Ame, possibly as a pack member. I wish you luck on your journey to the Plateau, which I am assuming you are venturing next?" He posed it as a question, for he was not entirely certain if that was the intended route of the black wolf before him.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Her gesture was returned. Most likely. I want to visit a few other inland places, too, she answered truthfully. She did not know if she would be going right to the Plateau, or if in nomadic fashion she would mosey her way there in time. It would depend how her travels fared. But she was in no major hurry.

What she could not say was if she would ever be a packmate of his. There was a chance. She did know she would likely see him again some time, even if she remained a loner. Their paths had a way of crossing like this. She assumed she would be making her way back towards in shoreline eventually, so she dipped her nose. Farewell Kisu, and she bowed out, turning to make a trail through the forests.

280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
"See you later, Ame," were the words spoken by the rusted grey male. He watched the female until she disappeared from site, then turned and trotted back to his den. He had been patrolling all day and it was time that he had a nap; sleeping so little was beginning to drain him and if he was not at his peak condition, how would he be any good defending the borders?