Silver Creek Starving and Famished
I promise I will love you forever.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Tagging @Saena if you have time. @Indra, @Laurel, and @Milo too it you want!

Laika padded around the clearing that bore Silver Creek, wandering around until she decided to find Saena. She needed to give them her catch after all. The large fat trout -- her lucky kill of the day -- was clamped safely in her jaws as the female made her way towards Saena's den. She weaved her way through the barren trees until finally she found the den. She stopped a respectful distance away, not wanting to crowd her alpha and gave a chuff of greeting, letting the pale mother know she was here. 

She dropped her catch on the ground so she could speak better once Saena came out. Her blue eyes danced with excitement. She couldn't wait to give Saena and the pups the trout. Hopefully they liked it. Her tail gently thumped against the ground as she waited for a few more moments.
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Without warning, Laurel came bursting from the den. Her hackles bristled — though considering she was only a small pup, she probably was not nearly as intimidating as she thought to be — as she dashed out, and she dove straight at the prize that had been brought to the den. With a loud and haughty "NO!" Laurel threw herself at the fish and she glared up at Laika, little growling grrr's gurgling in her throat as she claimed her prize. No one (but perhaps her mother) could deter Laurel from claiming this, and she started tearing at the fish, driven by hunger and completely ignoring the one who'd brought the gift.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
A smile spread across her lips as little Laurel bounced out of the den. She was feisty and growled at her as she claimed her prey, digging in without even acknowledging Laika. It didn't bother the white girl, and she just watched the brown puppy eat. "Is it good?" She asked with laughter in her voice. She lowered her body to the ground and rested her head on her paws so she was eye level with Laurel. Her tail brushed the ground as she wagged it back and forth. "Eat all you want, but make sure you save at least some for your brother and sister and your mommy." She told the little princess warmly. "You found this fish, so make sure you can provide your family with the fruits of your catch!"

She watched the queen eat with a warm smile upon her lips the whole time, glancing at the den entrance every so often to see if anyone else would emerge. Soon, she focused her full attention on Laurel.
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Laurel dove at her claimed prize and started to tear at it (though it was hard because she was used to regurgitated meat mostly and had a hard time breaking the skin of the fish; yet she would not ask for help or wait for adults because she was hungry and wanted to at least try and eat it all). When Laika spoke, she stopped for a moment and stared up at the adult.

Eventually decided, "BAAH!" and then turned back to her food, tearing little bits and pieces of it; intent to eat it all, even though she would never be able on her own, regardless. She didn't care for anyone or anything; she was hungry, and she would eat.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Laika laughed and continued to watch little Laurel eat her food. The little girl did not have a care in the world as to whether she left her family any food or not. Laika didn't fret however, for she knew the little puppy couldn't finish the whole fish. Besides, and babe this young was regularly comsumed regurgitated meat, so a fish was going to fill her up fast. She wondered if she would ever have children of her own one day. She wondered what she would name them. Names whired through her mind and she snapped herself out of it. Why was she thinking of this now? She didn't even have a mate yet! With a short sigh, she rested her head on her paws and studied Laurel again.
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Laurel was glad to be left alone and she happily continued to munch on the fish. Only little bits came off at a time and it wasn't very convenient eating, but she was hungry and so she continued on.

After a while Laurel had enough of the fish, but her tummy was still rumbling. She walked up to Laika with a wobbly bottom lip as she stared up at her babysitter. "Hungies!" she quipped, ignoring the fish and deciding to shoot for something a little higher.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Laika smiled from ear to ear as she watched Laurel eat her fish. Soon, she became full. Full of fish that is. She walked up to Laika and looked up at her. The pale Gamma's smile faded and she tilted her head in sorrow. "I'm sorry hon, but that's the only food I have right now. Your mother might have some more, but I'm not sure. Are you sure you're not full?" She didn't want to make the little queen sad, but she also didn't want to get her hopes up too much. The only thing she wanted to do was to feed her and feed her well, but right now, she didn't know if she was doing it right.
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Whenever an adult started a sentence with 'sorry', Laurel knew that they weren't gonna give her what she wanted. Her eyes turned watery and Laurel pouted as she looked up at Laika, hoping to throw her charms into it and get what she wanted after all — unaware that the adult wasn't keeping anything from her, but just didn't have anything else. The partially eaten fish lay behind her and Laurel wobbled her lip as she screeched, nearing full blown tantrum state, "NO-HOOO-OOOOOOH, HUNGIES!" and frowned unhappily at Laika, threatening her with the power of anger and sadness to give her what she wanted.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Laika's eyes widened as Laurel began to whine. She looked to be on the verge of a fit, and the pale woman's heart beat faster. What was she to do? She had no idea how to calm a wolf pup, espcially one with as much spirit as the little brown creature before her. She frowned and looked around frantically. Maybe there was something around here that would distract her from her hunger.

Aha!

Laika leaned over the pulled a small stick over to Laurel, wagging her tail with as much enthusiasm as she could muster in a situation like this. "Look at this stick! I bet you can defeat it to defend your den!" She told the little queen, desperation shinning in her eyes. This better work!
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
When the stick was pulled out, Laurel's earlier dramatic troubles were easily forgotten. Distracted as young children often were easily so, Laurel looked at the stick, her tail stirring with anticipation of the hunt, and she lowered herself to the ground as she got ready to pounce. She'd already forgotten that she was hungry, for now, and looked with serious, shiny eyes upon her opponent.

Laurel jumped at the stick and grabbed it between her teeth, then rolling onto her back. The stick was between her front paws and she bit at it while her back paws were kicking against the stick reflexively, and she held it close to her with her front paws.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Laika watched the little girl play, relieved that her plan had worked. Her tail swished along the ground and she smiled widely. Soon, Laurel had collapsed to the ground, hugging her apponent close to her chest and pummeling it with sharp hind claws. Laika leaned forward to wiggle the stick a little bit, hoping to excite the young pup more. Hopefully more excitement meant more distraction from her fit. Maybe after exercising for a while, she'd even be inclined to eat more fish, rather than somethig else.

Short post X-X
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
For a good while Laurel played with the stick, but eventually she grew bored and tired all at once. Laurel stopped attacking the stick so feverishly and let out a long, wide yawn. She smacked her lips and then her eyelids started to fall shut and she eventually drifted off to sleep, her body deciding suddenly that it was nap time now.

finish? :D feel free to post again or archive as is!