Blackfeather Woods worlds apart
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Potema had extended her help when he had been looking for Lazarus, and while he didn't know for sure if she'd actually been doing more than keeping an eye out, he felt like it was fair enough to let her know it was no longer needed. He'd never visited Blackfeather Woods himself, but he knew where it lay and had seen it from the outside. It was a dark place, and he found it hard to imagine what it must be like to live in such a place permanently as he drew up to the forest's frays.

Once the scents of various wolves — Potema included — wafted towards him, Charon made sure to keep his distance and wait at a place before crossing these borders. There was another smell intertwined, but Charon could not quite place it. Perhaps it was simply a wolf's, he thought, one he had not met before, maybe. His tail hung low at his hocks and his body language was neutral as Charon waited at the Woods' borders, at the forest's frays where rays of sunlight still danced upon the floor, after lifting his nose into the air and howling for @Potema .
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
This is super short and super weird, but I COULD NOT RESIST!

"Looking for someone?" asks the Dark Prince, emerging from the shadows as he approaches the other with sure steps. The viscera he'd been eating was forgotten as a howl reached Damien's ears. There was purpose in that call, and Damien did not want to miss a thing. Besides, the caller seemed to be asking for Potema specifically, and for what Damien knew, the witch had made important acquaintances around and beyond Blackfeather Woods, which meant there was something important knocking on his door.
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
She was late to respond to Charon's answer, cursing at herself inwardly. Lazarus had slipped her mind lately. Occasionally she wanted to bring him up to either Damien and Cicero, but Seff had consumed her nights and days, Althaia and now Crescent draining whatever time she had left to speak to her brothers. She had wanted to apologize for that on her part, knowing that the trail was growing cold, if not dead already at this point. She hoped they found him on their own, at least.

He is, brother, She slid up to her brother's side, looking between him and Charon warily. Had he started anything? Hello Charon, how are you?
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Some dude Charon didn't even know showed up first, asking him if he'd been looking for someone. Charon couldn't help but wonder if the guy was soft in the head or something, considering he'd called specifically for Potema, but he decided to bite his tongue and play nice for now — it was better that way, he didn't want Potema to find him fighting some guy at her borders. "Yes, I'm —" But he could not finish or Potema had already appeared. Apparently this guy was her brother, which was funny to Charon because they looked nothing alike (he didn't see the irony in that considering he had a sister with a black fur himself).

"Hey Potema," he greeted amicably. In the mixed greeting and Potema's arrival midway through the start of their conversation, he'd forgotten completely to introduce himself to Potema's brother. "I'm good. My mate delivered our first litter of pups safely, so couldn't be better." Little did he realise that Blackfeather Woods harboured more of his brood, soon to be born, nor did he know that Althaia and Harley'd sought refugee here in the Woods after they'd been chased from Moonspear. "I just wanted to let you know we found the Lazarus guy. He's dead." He smiled as he delivered the news, glad for it and glad he could tell her about it — she'd offered to help, after all, and though he wasn't sure she had done any active searching he appreciated the gesture. Besides, now he could tell her about his pups too.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Unless Damien is directly affected by further posts, it's completely fine for you guys to skip me if I'm being too slow

The male's response was cut short by Potema's own appearance. Damien had been expecting to at least get to know who this male was, and perhaps what he intended before the one he was requesting came to meet him. That had not been possible, however, and after Potema interfered with their conversation it seemed that Damien was forgotten altogether. But he did not mind, he had his sister and brother to do this job specifically, to manage Blackfeather Woods' foreign affairs, and he did not mind to watch from the background as long as he knew what was going on through his delegates' words.

Damien made an effort to pick up the pieces of the conversation to get a greater picture of what was going on. This far, he could tell that this Charon guy and Potema had a friendly relationship, for he'd shared without hesitation the arrival of his pups. There was also a bit about a death, something that Damien would need to ask his sister about later. For now, he kept to the shadows of the conversation, acting as hardly more than a bodyguard to his sister, but listening carefully to every word spoken by their visitor.
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Had Potema been younger, she might have blanched at the thought of Charon mating with anyone else, but they had grown far apart since their first meetings when they were young. He had a mate, he was a father now. Potema smiled earnestly. That's great! How many are there? Boys or girls? Did you name them? The urge she had to acquire as many children and young lost souls translated quickly to the realm of children, be they of Blackfeather or her friend's.

Where was he? She asked, wondered where they had found the wolf. She was glad that justice had been brought to the Moonspear pack, righting whatever wrong they had experienced. When Mephala allowed them to take revenge, it was a gift to be savored.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
"Four girls," Charon said with the proud smile of a father. "Korei Julia, she's white, and there's three that look the same for now, all black, called Alya, Hydra and Lyra." He didn't really remember the order of those, if there was any. They'd named the pups for the stars, which seemed suiting enough. Charon had never seen Potema in the same way as he saw Ame, but then again, he had never realised that he saw Ame that way until basically the day they'd become mates. He was oblivious like that, but having his own pups did make him wonder if Potema was seeing anyone (though he wasn't so sure, with such a grouch of a brother nearby) and if she would have pups.

As for her question about Lazarus: "Some pack near us called Broken Antler Fen. Hadn't heard of it before, but they found him. He died from the injuries of falling down the mountain." So in the end, he had still killed him... In a way. "I hope you hadn't been out looking for him much. I appreciate the help." He smiled softly at Potema, realising as he said it he appreciated not only her help, but her friendship, too. He hadn't known many pups his age, but she was one of them and for that, his fondness of her was a bit like that which he'd held for Dhole.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
The talk about the Charon guy's daughters went right through Damien's ear and out the other. He was more interested in knowing about the other reason he'd come to seek Potema, and in due time the information about it started flowing.

Damien couldn't believe his sister hadn't told him about the deal she's seemed to have made with the Charon guy, but that was a conversation they would have another time. For now, Damien was more interested in knowing more about the details.
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
All girls. Potema smiled at the fact, wondering what they would be like. She hadn't met Charon's mate, and with no frame of reference she was left in the dark, with no basis on what they would look like other than Charon himself. That was fine though; they were alive, healthy, strong, Charon was proud. That was all she needed to know.

She had not heard of a pack known as Broken Antler Fen; she looked at her brother to see if the name brought any familiarity to his pale eyes. She would have to ask Cicero later; he would know. I am glad to hear that the matter has been settled,
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
The matter of Lazarus was easily dropped, as it wasn't a subject that Charon was eager to talk more of after what'd happened to his mate. Things were as they were, and they were settled, for now. Nobody'd ever speak of what he had done and the pups were his, regardless of what was truth.

"You should drop by sometime," Charon suggested. "In a few moons, maybe, when they're a bit older." Then he could take them to the borders and show them to Potema, and it'd probably be good for them to interact with someone from outside of the pack. Especially if it was someone friendly like Potema.

He exchanged a quick glance with Potema's brother and then looked back at Potema. "I should head back to them for now." When they were a bit older Charon could go for a longer visit, perhaps; but for now he felt like something terrible might happen every moment he was away from his family. The only reason he'd left them was in case Potema was out looking for Lazarus, so he wanted to inform her.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
omg I thought you guys had continued without me

He was there solely to make a silent presence, knowing very well that the matters discussed were not his to handle. However, Damien was eager to pull the information out of his sister, who seemed too tranquil and confident in Charon's company. Something about him made Damien uncomfortable, but he remained in silence throughout the conversation, never taking his pale eyes off of him. Even when he got up to leave Damien's cold stare remained on him, and after he left he would remain silent before asking his sister all the questions that were floating around his mind. Who was the guy? Who was Lazarus? Why were you involved with this? But most importantly... Why didn't you tell me?