Moonspear I need some critical information.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
"For most, it begins around two years old," she answered. "A lot can influence when, exactly, from the time of the year to the availability of resources even." Which was only the very edge of what could make it happen, or more likely, not. To her understanding, it varied by the individual. She was pickier--more sensitive to it, and prone to needing things just right if she was going to go seasonal like that. If memory served correctly, her own honored mother had been quite different and quick to keep her cycles going, even in her later years as Ame had always known her rather prolific dam. "But yes, basically." Now she only had to tie in it with enough explanation to help her understand why it was such a delicate, albeit important, matter. "That scent comes when a mature females goes into something called "heat"; it signals the time-span in which pregnancy can occur if mated to," she said, half gesturing her snout towards her own flanks despite how clinical in her presentation she was.  She did expect some of it to be too much. She wouldn't blame her, especially when she was not gentle with her facts of life.

It was a heavy subject. She didn't like explaining it, but it was important that her daughters come to understand it at least vaguely enough before it happened to them. Vela just may be a little young for it to be anything except overwhelming, but she would answer her as much as she wanted to so long as she continued asking the right ways. "It can be anything. From menial everyday type of things to the more intimate closeness bonded wolves can share," she eyed the last pale daughter carefully. Everything continued to point to her needing to explain some mechanics here, as much as she would rather not. "All of it, what it means to be mates and all, can vary for everyone for every partnership, and every wolf's needs and wants." No two mateships were ever the same, and nothing forged between Vela and any other could ever expect to be just like what Ame and Charon had built their foundations upon. In this variety was the beauty of it.

"Ruhtinatar.." she tested, just to feel the very foreign word on her own tongue. "Interesting. Well, that is good, and I am happy he is sweet to you. Of course, you are both young still and have plenty of time to grow into what works best for you two and how your bond will grow and strengthen," she said, not wanting her to rush into anything because she had expectations of what it meant to be to have a partner (and one day, a mate perhaps) like that. If it was meant to be for them, it would fall neatly into place--or so she believed.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Messages In This Thread
I need some critical information. - by Vela - March 05, 2018, 04:25 AM
RE: I need some critical information. - by Amekaze - March 06, 2018, 12:01 AM
RE: I need some critical information. - by Vela - March 11, 2018, 01:53 PM
RE: I need some critical information. - by Amekaze - March 12, 2018, 10:00 PM
RE: I need some critical information. - by Vela - March 14, 2018, 04:26 PM
RE: I need some critical information. - by Amekaze - March 15, 2018, 12:27 AM
RE: I need some critical information. - by Vela - March 15, 2018, 07:38 AM
RE: I need some critical information. - by Amekaze - March 21, 2018, 12:30 AM
RE: I need some critical information. - by Vela - March 26, 2018, 09:18 AM