Duck Lake and we'd break under the weight of any pain that ever came in this life
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra had every mind to set this unfortunate encounter with coyotes behind her, yet it appeared fate had other designs. a bark, sharp yet commanding, cut through the keen fall air. indra paused, a triangular ear pressed back as she considered what good it would do for her to heed it.

she turned around just the same, though a part of her tired heart fretted that it might be a coyote come to cajole or trick her. instead her jaded gaze landed on the hale form of a female -- a long and lean thing, yet no less deadly than the delicate arch of a spike. indra surmised those eyes were the eyes of a maneater -- at the very least, the ruddy wolf that called for her seemed at once both titillating and venomous.

indra wouldn't have liked such a lingering aspect worn by a male -- but this wolf was distinctly female, and distinctly deadly: indra drew her mahogany gaze across the piqued ears and cold yet simmering seafoam eyes: commanding, chilling eyes as restless as the sea in which they seemed to mirror.

are you exploring -- may i join you? a male would have been turned away by the flash of teeth, but indra seemed to carefully set her words in order, and then with an equal amount of care, spoke. "by the way that is asked, do you expect 'yes' as an answer? would you take 'no' as one?"
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.