Whitebark Stream Some say you can get hurt by what you don't know
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
Nah, he drawled, shaking his head and blinking the water out of his eyes. I'm a man of steel. Ain't no cold gonna get me down. As if on cue, his nose twitched, and he let out an explosive sneeze that rocketed his head down between his knees. That was a fluke, he added, sniffing as he tried to regain at least one shred of dignity.

Verx lifted his head again, running a paw over his muzzle (be nice if wolves had Kleenexes). Maybe I'll give it a try, he said. Fishing, I mean. Gotta keep warm somehow. He shook himself again and trotted down to the bank, staring down into the water. Sure enough, it seemed devoid of much life after his big splash. He scowled, turning to make a sour remark to Ephraim when something caught his eye.

A gleam of silver. He folded himself into a dark loaf, blending in with the rocks, waiting for it to come closer. Steady. . .steady. . . He lunged forward, half-diving into the water with jaws aimed directly at the fish. It came close to slipping away, but he found purchase on its writhing tail, and flung himself out of the creek, fish head smacking the shit out of his face.

Fuggin'-- Vercingetorix cursed, slamming the thing on the ground. It wiggled, but only limply, and ceased to move at all when he took it between his teeth and bit slowly down. Snap. Crackle. Pop. Fresh Fishy.

Well, that was a fluke, too, he said, looking at Ephraim with blood on his lips and amusement clear in his eyes.

rolled a success in tabletop
Common · Trigedasleng
Messages In This Thread
RE: Some say you can get hurt by what you don't know - by Vercingetorix - November 25, 2018, 03:29 PM