Hushed Willows not like the cistern
20 Posts
Ooc —
Random Event 
Singing telegram! Welcome to all wolves of Elysium. First round ends on the 16th. Please note that Sirimiri's twin sister, Serein is there with her.
There were some familiar scents here, but not the ones the sisters were looking for. Still, it seemed rude not to stop by when there was some family to see, and laughs to be had. They were in-laws, sure, but the pair had learned to find family wherever they could, since their closest relatives were often so far away. After exchanging a quick glance that conveyed all this between the two of them, the pair lifted their heads and wove together a climbing, lilting call, welcoming all within hearing distance to come and attend them.

"What were you thinking?" Siri asked her sister, nudging the other woman's shoulder with her own.

"What about that one we heard up north? From the pretty lads with those nice green eyes?"

Siri hummed in agreement. "It'd be lovely with the weather, wouldn't it?"

This decided, Sirimiri and Serein waited patiently for their audience.
adopt my twin sister, Serein
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
For a moment, she thought she was seeing double, a strange side effect of the state she'd found herself in lately. But the twin song surely dispelled that notion; she blinked, and found that they did not come back together again. Her mouth opened wide in a smile as she moved toward the pair, wagging her tail in greeting.

Why, hallo, Lily said, torchlight gaze bouncing between the two. Welcome to Elysium, our sanctuary in the willows. What brings you both here today?

Neither seemed particularly familiar. Were these more Morningsiders, left behind in the shuffle, like Skraeling? Or others from farther away, seeking shelter for the winter? She fell silent, expression still curious, but waiting for them to respond.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive had only recently returned to the willows — in fact, she was coming back at that very moment. She was exhilarated from her travels, rather than exhausted by them, and excited to see her family once more. In particular, Olive was eager to get to Seabreeze’s side and nurse her lovely wife back to optimal health. The nursemaid couldn’t pour from an empty cup, and now that she had indulged in some self care, Olive found that she was brimming with self-sacrificial willingness. 

Arriving to Elysium and loving how the willows drifted into softly into view, Olive was quick to notice that they had visitors — two of them. Lily was already present and accounting for the newcomers. Rather trusting of the universe and the energy she felt from these two, Olive’s interest was piqued automatically. She strolled cooly closer to the Sanctuary’s borders, chuffed to greet their visitors as she surpassed them, and turned to face them alongside Elysium’s chief blackbird. Lily’s heatscent was strong, and Olive had many thoughts come to mind almost immediately, but pushed them to the back of her mind for the time being. 

“Welcome to Elysium,” she greeted. “If you are here in peace, then you are more than welcome to step within our borders. Our home is open to weary travelers.”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

12 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Cameo until next round. ♥

Brontide had gotten waylaid on the way back to the Teekon Wilds, if you know what I’m saying, and he was still a considerable distance behind when Serein and Sirimiri wove their voices through the willows. Playing catchup didn’t necessarily bother him, but the frosty wind and frisky women did — it was a bad season for the earthy rapscallion to be gallivanting, and he damn well knew it. This year seemed particularly bad, for whatever reason. He kept having nightmares about settling down and raising a family and living in the same place for the rest of forever. Worse yet, his subconscious was doing its level best to insist that he wanted these things.

He didn’t want these things.

It was enough to drive a wolf mad!

He was close enough to hear their call, his trained ears straining forward upon his crown to catch the thinnest, most faraway scrap of sound, and responded in kind: filling his lungs, he poured all of his efforts into a rolling, “I’m on my way!” howl — but if they were already talking and singing amongst themselves, they probably wouldn’t hear it. Loudmouths, both of them, he thought with hypocritical fondness.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Being around her mother wasn't helping her mental state. The little girl spent too many hours at her side, to the point that she'd forgotten about Okeanos (or appeared to), and only left her side when she absolutely had to. She told Seabreeze so many things, too. Whatever might rouse her back to waking. She told her all about getting lost, and finding Tux, and her return — of seeing daddy, even the child's skull she'd found and kept. Her stories grew more fanciful as the days went by, and sometimes Ibis would sing poor rhymes at her mother's sleeping form, thinking that the magic words might wake her.

But, this was an emotional toll on her. Ibis eventually had to extricate herself from the situation, and began spending longer and longer breaks among the willows, which was where she loitered at the moment Olive slipped by. Seeing the brief flash of her other mother as she made her way to the territory edge drew her attention, and soon Ibis was following after her. She arrived and took notice of Lily there too, talking to a pair of striking strangers. The two ladies looked much more wild than anyone Ibis had seen before - and with thin bodies, not underweight but clearly fit, and quite lean. As she chose to pursue this distraction rather than think of her mom stuck in her sleep, she drifted closer, but remained behind the adults just in case.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny hadn't really made a lot of appearances lately, he was truly slacking off on being a good pack member and the realisation of that hadn't hit until recently. So he decided to change that. He would work on meeting the wolves of Elysium instead of just hanging around the familiar ex Morningsiders. He was trying to find something to hunt down when a voice called from the borders and he paused, the voice sounding familiar to him. He fought to bring the memory to mind and when it did it was still hazy but he could at least pinpoint it. It was that girl with the twin from the party that Aunt Seelie had hosted back when his father had been alive and everyone was together and happy. Why was she here? Did she have some sort of news from Undersea? Was she even from Undersea? He hurried toward the borders curious and arrived shortly after Ibis, his eyes travelling from the girl to Lily and to the other woman who was also a leader...Olive was it? He offered each one a lopsided smile and then turned to the twins, he couldn't remember their names but he recalled one of them being something that sounded sing-songy on the tongue. Siramira or something like that.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

20 Posts
Ooc —
First to arrive was a dark woman with a sweet bearing and a charming accent, and then a paler wolf with equally friendly words just after her. They were both very welcoming - not that many places had turned the twins away. Serein was quick to answer for them both, "Hello! Thank you for the welcome - and you too, love. I'm Serein and this is Sirimiri. We're just passing through the area and we thought these borders smelled familiar, so - "

"Oh, there he is!" said Sirimiri as Sunny appear. "Hey, you're one of the boys Catori adopted, aren't you? We were wondering if you'd seen her."

"And," Serein said firmly, "We wanted to sing you a song. But we'll wait to do that until the next round starts to give our good-for-nothing brother time to get here."
adopt my twin sister, Serein
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Lily glanced toward Sunny as one of the girls addressed him, then turned back to the pair, grinning widely as they mentioned a song. Oh, how fun! she exclaimed, wagging her tail. She tossed up her head and let out a howl, summoning anyone who hadn't gathered yet to come with haste. Guests are here, and with a song!

Hopefully that'll give the rest of our group time to come and join in, Lily said warmly. She lifted her chin. How do you two know Sunny? Are you originally from Morningside, too? How big had Morningside once been? It seemed as if so many wolves she had met knew of them. Perhaps they just had a sterling, widespread reputation.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
a few other wolves trickled in, but Olive remained entranced by the dynamic pair that had come across their borders. They spoke in sing-song voices that the sylph found absolutely endearing, and Olive found that it was rather infectious. With a grin splitting her maw, Olive turned to look from the wolves at her left, to the wolves at her right, and couldn’t think of an appropriate thing to say in the face of such greatness and the promise of a song. Instead, her tail whipped and beat a steady rhythm against the rumps of whatever wolves stood abreast of her, saying all that her tongue suddenly couldn’t.

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Everyone else before me is inactive to I'll just slip in here. Idk if we wanna...write in an ending?

Sunny swallowed thickly as they recognised him, only because of his relationship to Catori. He had grieved in private for the woman he had accepted as a mother, the one who made his dad so happy during their time together. He had relived it when telling Coelacanth of Catori's absence and now he was reliving it again. "Yes, I am. We had a lot of problems, a fire left us seperate and then things were chaos. She never returned to us, I have no idea if she is alive or.." he cut himself off, lowering his eyes. He prayed Catori wasnt dead but...she hadnt been too well. Lily's question brought him out of his memories and he answered it "They are related to my mother and Aunt Seelie who leads Undersea" he gave the twins a small smile, warm despite the ache he always felt giving bad news.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Yeah! I’ll just slip in here and close up shop if no one minds.

Sunny delivered some bad news, which the cheerful duo took in stride. They seemed confident in that side of the family’s resilience and ability to survive — but Olive’s heart broke a little to hear more of the wolves whom had disappeared from Sunny’s pack. There was a reason that Morningside had come to join them at the sanctuary, and the shakti prayed that whatever misfortunes blighted Morningside might simply pass over the Hushed Willows as did the angel of death over the blooded thesholds of Jerusalem. 

The arrival of the male bar turned the duo into a trio and their song began, effectively scattering any residual negativity from the area. It was a joyous ditty about love, love lost, and adventure. The modulations of their skillful voices flowed, and peaked, and dipped along with the story itself and the audience was simply captivated at the artistry that was being woven together right before their eyes. All too soon, the song came to a close and the bards were met with raucous applause, which held none of the grace of the sounds that had just come before it. Then they thanked the performers with gusto, unable to stymie their excitement, and invited the travelers into the heart of the sanctuary in order to feed and rest they who had shared so much with them.