Stone Circle Is it really that much of a surprise?
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
One by one, the man waited patiently as each of the children arrived, his tail idly wagging behind him limply. Arlette replied first, and he gave her a small smile. He always had the best relationship with her and hoped it would continue as it was. Ira  and Merrit showed later, and something within the large man's heart clenched for them both. He wasn't a fool- be picked up on their scent along the way home, and by the judge of their flat expressions he guessed they knew.

He looked to Valette as she talked, taking in her words and glancing periodically to the young. It was true, if Stark didn't leave he probably wouldn't have gotten with her. As selfish as it was, the Easthollow wolf couldn't help but appreciate that a little. But Stark's disappearance had also impacted the family greatly, and he kept that in his mind. When she spoke that she loved him he looked to her a gentle gaze and smile. He loved her too.

When Valette finished he turned his attention to the kids once again, his amber gaze landing on each and every one of them as he spoke. "You're mother is right," he breathed. "I cannot deny that I love her—she makes me happy, and like Stark I have also lost a mate. It doesn't mean that I don't miss her, and your mother is not here to replace her, as I am not here to replace Stark." Greyback looked to Merrit, wearily. "As Valette said, I am not here to be your father. I will never fill in the gap his disappearance has caused you, nor do I want to. But I will always be here for you. It is important that you hold onto that memory of him—the loss too. It will make you stronger." He smiled at the boy.

"Ira?" he finally turned his attention to her. Both of them had begun to patch their relationship since the cougar attack, but he feared this might set them back and she would be angry. "I don't want you to hide your feelings about this, it's alright to be upset. Please, speak of what you feel." Though Greyback was looking at her he meant it to all of them.

Messages In This Thread
Is it really that much of a surprise? - by RIP Valette - January 09, 2019, 08:12 AM
RE: Is it really that much of a surprise? - by Greyback - January 09, 2019, 01:08 PM
RE: Is it really that much of a surprise? - by Arlette - January 09, 2019, 03:46 PM
RE: Is it really that much of a surprise? - by Ira - January 09, 2019, 07:16 PM
RE: Is it really that much of a surprise? - by Merrit - January 09, 2019, 09:11 PM
RE: Is it really that much of a surprise? - by RIP Valette - January 12, 2019, 06:10 AM
RE: Is it really that much of a surprise? - by Greyback - January 13, 2019, 11:15 AM
RE: Is it really that much of a surprise? - by Arlette - January 13, 2019, 05:28 PM
RE: Is it really that much of a surprise? - by Steph - January 13, 2019, 07:44 PM
RE: Is it really that much of a surprise? - by Ira - January 15, 2019, 02:29 PM
RE: Is it really that much of a surprise? - by Merrit - January 28, 2019, 10:35 PM
RE: Is it really that much of a surprise? - by RIP Valette - January 29, 2019, 06:23 AM
RE: Is it really that much of a surprise? - by Greyback - January 30, 2019, 02:15 PM