Ankyra Sound you're appealing to emotions that i simply do not have
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
His ear flicks as he registers Midar's approach and he sucks in a breath, trying unsuccessfully to fight the immediate tension settling over him. He swallows, keeping his gaze trained on the water. His lover's anger is almost palpable, as it has been ever since that day with the stranger, and he's not sure he can stand it a moment longer. He shifts, ready to say something — an apology, maybe — when Midar's words cut through the air, drawing a slight wince from him.
He opens his mouth to respond, to deny the accusation — or perhaps throw one of his own, veiled thinly: maybe I would, if it meant I could get some time to myself. But nothing comes out; the words stick painfully in his throat, and after a moment he closes his mouth and takes another breath. He settles gingerly onto his haunches, taking a moment to adjust his bad leg. It sits awkwardly, even reclined and resting like this, and he can't help but wonder if the lake situation had made things worse. He swallows the thought, glancing briefly to Midar with ears flat as their conflict snaps back to the front of his mind. His gaze flits back to the ocean quickly, and all he can do is try to stifle the growing ache in his chest.
Messages In This Thread
RE: you're appealing to emotions that i simply do not have - by Alarian - January 16, 2019, 04:22 PM