Dragoncrest Cliffs this maudlin moment
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
a.k.a, my Favorite Trope of All Time
wanna fade soon? <3
Her feathery ears splayed back at this promise of blood; it was plain to see that she was hesitant to accept it. Not simply for her more peace-keeping nature, but because she didn’t want to bring the terror of her past to the cliffs. Or bring harm to Verx — should Dennan truly come to the Wilds. But that was warriors did, wasn’t it? Take the brunt of their clan’s assailants? Revel in it?

Aure continued to listen to his vow for her, and was overcome by a sense of... forgotten, hesitant regality. Something she’d never quite amounted to, back in the far north; and she’d only ever seen her mother anoint those that were pledged, or paid homage. So, after fidgeting for a heartbeat, the she-wolf lent over and pressed her nose into his scarred shoulder. Unusual how she always went for the parts of him she had healed—

Her response was both an acceptance of his promise, and some other, more tender supplication, ”As you wish.” Her eyes suddenly gleamed, but it was from some lulling, patient emotion that she didn’t want to name. Not yet. Regardless, she found herself curving, folding, melding herself back into his dark embrace with a porcelain shiver.

Lashes fluttering closed at his irresistibility, simply Verx, Aure only hoped he wouldn’t begin calling her Your Highness. Or worse — m’lady. ”I... leave for Diaspora, tomorrow morning. Please wait for me, dragul meu. Please...” Suddenly unable to speak, to ask him what? and ended on the next thing she wanted, needed: ”Please, say my name?”

Just like that, she was falling and aching for him all over again. But was it sudden; let alone inexplicable? No, it was always there, buried beneath the feelings of friendship, of lust; yet dragged out of the depths of her heart by this striking moment. (So, no, she wasn’t just whipped for that dick, if y’all were wondering.) Aure had never been romanced before — but it love, and she was so far gone it was more than anything as simple as “head over heels.”
Messages In This Thread
this maudlin moment - by Andraste - January 18, 2019, 11:21 PM
RE: this maudlin moment - by Vercingetorix - January 22, 2019, 12:14 AM
RE: this maudlin moment - by Andraste - January 22, 2019, 12:38 AM
RE: this maudlin moment - by Vercingetorix - January 22, 2019, 12:49 AM
RE: this maudlin moment - by Andraste - January 22, 2019, 01:02 AM
RE: this maudlin moment - by Vercingetorix - January 22, 2019, 01:16 AM
RE: this maudlin moment - by Andraste - January 22, 2019, 01:36 AM
RE: this maudlin moment - by Vercingetorix - January 25, 2019, 11:08 PM
RE: this maudlin moment - by Andraste - January 25, 2019, 11:34 PM
RE: this maudlin moment - by Vercingetorix - January 26, 2019, 12:26 AM
RE: this maudlin moment - by Andraste - January 26, 2019, 01:33 AM