Hushed Willows yes, i'm positive there's just one baby in there
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
Aure nodded at the clarification of 'leader', and then acknowledged the notion of the Drakru being honorable. For such a war-worn hoarde, they were certainly, unapologetically illustrious. In name, they weren't hers, would never be hers; she would always consider herself something of an outsider, too-northern and ambiguous. It was fine with her, a resignation she'd had no qualms to. Instead, the sense of kinship was in the way she felt around them, the way her heart beat for their warriors, and the way her belly felt about everything that was to come and nothing she would ever expect.

"Thank you. Yes, it..." As much as she hearkened to the anguish that heda's passing had left behind, she truggled to share in it. She was too... withdrawn, too apart, to be desolated by this loss, and so she had a difficult time putting it into words.

But the least she could do was to be there, for all they'd given her and so much more, and then keep an eye on their horizons for more storms yet to come. "It is quite devestating, yes," she admitted quietly, knowing that full well everyone else had to be feeling more deeply, more heartbroken than herself. "From what I have heard, one of Antumbra's children will ascend to her position. I came here, too, to strengthen the bonds between our own -- somehow." Aure hoped she didn't come off as selfish, but she liked to think within another month's time, the prospect of new life would be more than welcome to all of this despair. 

"If you don't mind my asking," she tittered, fidgeting a bit on the spot, argent eyes quiet, "have you ever... lost a leader before? I understand that this is a personal inquiry."
Messages In This Thread
RE: yes, i'm positive there's just one baby in there - by Andraste - February 05, 2019, 10:01 AM