Hushed Willows yes, i'm positive there's just one baby in there
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
The skayona listened, quieted by her own question and then the words that Lily had to say. So, in a sense, in some way, the Elysian had lost two leaders, death or no. When the inquiry was borne back to her, she bit her lip once more at it. If she were being honest... she’d also come here to explain herself to herself, without the opinions of minds dwelling in grief. She trusted them in this, yes, but her thoughts on the matter wouldn’t be welcome in the slightest, and she didn’t want to leave the conversation more distraught than when she’d found them.

And maybe someday she would tell one of the kru, but for now, ”I have been with Drageda for nearly four months, and yet, I... am not as saddened by ze passing of ze kru-leader as I should be.” Inhaling sharply, Aure decided to focus instead on the willows beyond. ”I was not close with her, and, truthfully, there are many in ze pack that I have yet to know. When ze news came that Antumbra had fallen, I only felt... solemn. I didn’t weep, I didn’t curse ze heavens.”

Delicate shoulders curled, slumping inwards. ”I am not made for war, or ze sea. I am a child of ze mountains — but I have done what I may to adapt. Healing, wandering on their behalf. In a way, I have come to find my home... in half of them. Ze feeling of whether I belong with them or not, I... I don’t know what else I may do for them in this time.” She cast a weary, heavy-lidded ivory look back at Lily, ”All I can do is listen, and listen some more. But is it enough? Have I made myself enough, for them?”
Messages In This Thread
RE: yes, i'm positive there's just one baby in there - by Andraste - February 06, 2019, 06:47 PM