Dragoncrest Cliffs i give myself v good advice but v seldom follow it (sits on a rock & cries)
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
He could take it, the pampering, the preening, her self-disclosure. He adored her, and adored how much she cared for him in turn. Verx lay in blissful stupor, her words floating in one ear and out the other, with little meaning beyond the vibrations in her throat. It was only when he heard the word tears and then understood it was connected to him and not her that he came to attention again.

Vercingetorix stiffened in her embrace, pulling slowly away from her kiss. His mouth tightened, and his gaze frosted over, even as the tiny voice of his conscience screamed No! She's doing it because she loves you, you self-righteous heartless d-bag! But instinct, and training, won out.

You're wrong, he said, rolling onto his belly and standing up, staring down at her. Chekas don't cry. They can't afford to cry. I did my grieving already for Heda. She's dead. She's gone. Life goes on. Blixen is my protectee now and every tear I shed weakens me. Weakens her--weakens Drageda.

His jaw was stiff, suddenly, locked in place. Even if I wanted to, I don't get to cry, Verx whispered, and the bitch of it was that there was a sob between the words, hidden at the base of his throat. Not to you, not to anyone. I have to be strong so that everyone else can cry.
Common · Trigedasleng
Messages In This Thread
RE: i give myself v good advice but v seldom follow it (sits on a rock & cries) - by Vercingetorix - February 23, 2019, 01:25 AM