Wapun Meadow when i was a younger man, looking for a pot of gold
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
During the moments of quiet, where she listened, Aure picked quietly at her catch; eating much slower than how she’d gobbled everything down only moments ago. Ears flickered with thought at Indra’s question, then, “It was peaceful... for a time. Uneasy, and restless, but... there was peace. Before ze final incident, I considered proposing a truce with ze ones of ze Sound. Up until then, I’d never considered them a real enemy.” Truthfully, she wasn’t sure if she still did.

Aure ruffled her fur out; gave her head a mild shake. She didn’t know, as much as she wished to brand Caiaphas enemy. Anyways...

”Instead, I proposed we move to Diaspora. I’ve been here once, some moons ago... Though it was quite a trek, it seemed a suitable place to give birth. I put my trust in strangers, for ze sake of my children, for ze ones who followed me. They could have left me to this journey on my own.” Even if the Luks and Verx had followed their kru to Trigeda... at least Aur would’ve had Blodreina. And her brother, undoubtedly. ”But, they did not. So, we are here, now.”

For how long, though? And if Diaspora ever meant to act on its nomadic claim in the coming moons, when would that be? With a family of her own, and a broadening of her horizons, Aurëwen couldn’t help but hope for something... more, someday. Something of her own founding. For now, though... Diaspora would do, and had been promising so far.
Messages In This Thread
RE: when i was a younger man, looking for a pot of gold - by Andraste - April 19, 2019, 03:18 PM