Arrow Lake Kick my shoes off and run
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She understood what he meant, and it only made her admire him more. She, too, would much rather be busy than not; she easily grew restless as well as often needing things to take her mind off of whatever was currently causing her anxiety. Well, I appreciate all of your hard work, she offered. I've...never been through this before and it has been reassuring to have you around. He had no real obligation to her children, but he had brought her meals, kept up with everyone's wellbeing, and babysat for her occasionally when she needed a break, and she couldn't help but overflow with gratitude in his presence. 

When he inquired as to how she was, she looked away, hopefully hiding the shadows that moved through her eyes then. Sia was gone, and she still hadn't been able to think about it much without having to stifle the painful sadness that accompanied any thoughts of him. Sadiq made things a little better, but they still had so much discord between them regarding how she felt about their deceased father and her decision to leave home. He was great with the pups, though, and she was grateful to have family close by again. 

She found his gaze again once she felt like she had regained control over her expression, and she gave a small smile. I am okay, she offered. I am happy to have my brother here with me, she continued. It was the truth, if only partially so, but she hadn't really been able to talk about Sia, and she wasn't sure she ever would be.
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
Kick my shoes off and run - by Takiyok - April 24, 2019, 09:29 PM
RE: Kick my shoes off and run - by Mahler - April 27, 2019, 12:17 AM
RE: Kick my shoes off and run - by Takiyok - April 30, 2019, 03:47 PM
RE: Kick my shoes off and run - by Mahler - May 03, 2019, 06:19 PM
RE: Kick my shoes off and run - by Takiyok - May 07, 2019, 04:54 PM
RE: Kick my shoes off and run - by Mahler - May 13, 2019, 10:59 AM
RE: Kick my shoes off and run - by Takiyok - May 17, 2019, 06:30 PM
RE: Kick my shoes off and run - by Mahler - May 18, 2019, 05:53 PM
RE: Kick my shoes off and run - by Takiyok - June 12, 2019, 12:34 AM