Arrow Lake Kick my shoes off and run
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
More gratitude swelled in her chest at his assurance that he enjoyed his role as caretaker of Diaspora's future. His constant support was had made it so hard to be irritated with him over his conflicted state regarding Ruenna and the vale wolves. And, maybe a small part of her initial animosity had stemmed from jealousy, but that was something she would never blame on him. What she had faulted him for was losing sight of what Diaspora was meant to be. But now, as he sat here, looking at her children with such pride, she found it hard to feel anything but thankful. At least for now. It wasn't like he had actually done anything; if anything, he had stayed with them regardless of his feelings for Ruenna. Jealousy sparked slightly withing her, and she quickly pushed the subject from her mind, not wishing to think about it anymore.

Her attention was momentarily stolen by her only daughter who had wandered just a little too far from the group. She stood, jostling the sleeping pup that had been attached to her chest, his squeal of displeasure earning him an apologetic look. She trotted forward towards the girl. That is too far, she murmured in reprimand before grasping the pups scruff between her teeth and carrying her back over to her spot beside Mahler. She settled back down and deposited the pup between her front legs. She didn't take off as Taki had suspected she would do. Instead, she jumped up and playfully nipped at Taki's chin. She retaliated by mouthing the pup gently a few times, earning a tiny growl from the girl. Then, the sound of her brothers' play stole her attention and she left to join them once more. She watched the four of them play with and fight over the feathers for a few moments before returning her attention to the Kapitän.

She was thankful for the shift in conversation, even if it was about her family. Not that she minded talking to him about her family, but it was kind of a touchy subject right now, especially when it often sent her spiraling down the Sia black hole. Still, he asked, so she would answer. I think he might like them more than he likes me, she teased. Although, she wondered if there wasn't some truth there. There was still a lot between them that needed to be resolved, but she held on to the hope that they would grow close again.
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
Kick my shoes off and run - by Takiyok - April 24, 2019, 09:29 PM
RE: Kick my shoes off and run - by Mahler - April 27, 2019, 12:17 AM
RE: Kick my shoes off and run - by Takiyok - April 30, 2019, 03:47 PM
RE: Kick my shoes off and run - by Mahler - May 03, 2019, 06:19 PM
RE: Kick my shoes off and run - by Takiyok - May 07, 2019, 04:54 PM
RE: Kick my shoes off and run - by Mahler - May 13, 2019, 10:59 AM
RE: Kick my shoes off and run - by Takiyok - May 17, 2019, 06:30 PM
RE: Kick my shoes off and run - by Mahler - May 18, 2019, 05:53 PM
RE: Kick my shoes off and run - by Takiyok - June 12, 2019, 12:34 AM