Arrow Lake Welcome to the infinite black skies
All Welcome  May 17, 2019, 05:01 PM
Takiyok
Diaspora
Pionier
AW! Tag is for reference. Happening at the same time as this thread

@Stigmata had taken over pup duty for a little while, giving Taki some much needed time to herself. She loved her children more than she had ever loved anything, but it was nice to have a few moments free of sharp puppy teeth and and all the other demands that went with being a mother. 

She made her way to the lake and stopped just as her front paws made contact with cool liquid. The weather was still chilly for most, but this was warm when compared to what she was used to. Without much thought, she launched herself forward into the water, swimming out until her feet no longer touched the sandy lake bed. She swam around for a few minutes, reveling in the way the chilly water felt once it seeped down past her undercoat and touched her skin. 

When she had had her fill of swimming, she headed back to the shore, shaking out her snowy coat once she was on land again. Tufts of undercoat flew out in all directions before being carried off by the soft breeze, and when she had removed as much excess water from her fur as she could, she reclined next to the lake, drawing her tongue over the damp fur of her front legs.

Inuttuk
Common
I'm not scared of what you're gonna tell me
and I'm not scared of the beast in the belly
fill my cup with endless ambition
and paint this town with my very own vision

May 17, 2019, 05:20 PM
Aurëwen
Diaspora
Optio
        The melancholia which Mahler had discovered the silver in weeks ago had since become both faint and thorough. This despondent happening was, much to Aure’s own chagrin, entirely unpredictable; it skulked through her at the most unoppertune moments, and tended to rupture whatever inward ease felt with her children, entirely at its own will. So when it tugged her from her thicket at deep afternoon, her twin saw to her babes in her stead.

Today, she drifted from the Falls, like one of the weary, white-as-wax maids from evening fables. Today, she was simply Aure; not the unwavering, unaffected guise of an optio she’d like Diaspora to believe. It was a lovely day out — lovely enough, ‘warm’ enough to soften her wan features into something more welcoming.

By the time she sighted Takiyok, the teasings of a smile had coaxed the corners of scarred lips; which flickered when she drew closer to the pionier. There was a bit of guilt that she hadn’t come to visit the little Sandrogudias — well, however it was meant to be said — but for now Aure simply greeted with an earnest, ”Quite warm to go for a swim, no?” It was such a stark truth, for northerners such as them.

If I look back, I am lost.
ᴇɢʟᴀᴛʜʀɪɴ  &  ʀᴏᴍᴀ̂ɴă  &  ᴛʀɪɢᴇᴅᴀsʟᴇɴɢ
Hover for in-story translations. All of Aure's family
may PP her in any thread