Ankyra Sound Burning
sometimes, dead is better
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
All Welcome 
Placed after joining Rusalka - i edited some timelines in his threads (i joined too many at once LOL so now I gotta fix up a broken timeline)

It's been a few days now since his joining of the pack. After some quick introductions, the works when first entering a pack as far as he was concerned; Vengeance kept to himself in order to try and rest his injured limb. More than enough time has elapsed for the wound to cease causing him grief, and so he was beginning to assume the next worst thing. Infection

Choosing to join a nearby pack was the best course of action he could have taken. The man's body felt warm, even under his pelt and in the shade of the giant canopes, he could feel it spreading. Still he manged to hide a limp, but bending the joint was beginning to bother more and more as the days went on.

With the wound as it is, and his sour disposition growing - especially when he's reminded of that woman. He had to make a decision. Bite the bullet and admit he needed help, ask someone for assistance in dealing with the wound; deal with it himself and hope for the best in his makeshift medical aid with little to no knowledge... or finally, deal with it and hope his body fights off the infection on its own.
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
With Caiaphas still gone, Raleska overtook her mother's normal duties of patrolling, hunting, and checking in with @Erzulie and @Rosalyn to see if they wanted for anything. Their cubs were a rowdy bunch, and were now much more mobile than before. Raleska gave each of them a nudge of affection before trotting out that morning, looking for the male she had accepted a few days prior.

She had noticed he was lying low, and after a few false starts, Raleska finally found his trail and set after it. Her nose twitched, for another unpleasant scent lingered in the grime -- as she came across Vengeance, her fur bristled and she looked at the wound coldly. "Who has done that?" Raleska barged, her tail arcing above her haunches. Any wolf that hurt a Rusalkan wolf answered at the ultimate cost, and Raleska felt her blood already boil.
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
The thick coat that covered his body was a blessing in most cases. A sort of extra armor against attacks in certain areas of the boddy - but in the heat of the growing summer, added with the bonus of an infection, he was getting beyond uncomfortably warm. Maw hung open to breathe in as much air as possible to cool himself off - he even thought about heading to the ocea and letting the salt water seep into it and hope for the best. 

Perhaps that was an idea. 

Before he could start his slow journey there, a figure appeared in the corner of his eye, alarming his already high on alert senses. What he saw first was not the face, but the action. Defensively his own fur bristled, a snarl breaking face as he threatened the approach -- only to calm as he look a closer look. As quickly as his temper flared, he calmed. 

A woman in the loner lands. I have not been lucky in encounters. He held his tongue on how long it has been sitting there, even if she did find out when, he could argue that it didn't start bothering him until recently, after he had joined. It's in the articulation, her bite was precise.
576 Posts
Ooc —
Raleska did not balk as Vengeance instinctively bristled. She waited for the man to recognize her, and once she did, her eyes poured over the limb. Was it infected? Raleska was not a healer, but she could see the limb appeared swollen and distorted.

He relayed it was a loner, which caused Raleska's skin to crawl. "What did she look like?" Raleska asked, her gums curled as she thought of retribution. "Did you kill her?" Damn - where did this bloodthirsty little Raleska come from? Certainly not from her innocent, angelic mom..

She waited only a second for him to answer before Raleska turned, beckoning him to follow with a cant of her limb. "There's a place in the Grotto my mom says is good for healing scrapes and cuts." She herself had bathed in it when she had been dragged and bitten by Drageda; Raleska believed in the oval pool's healing properties, and would be happy to show Vengeance if he followed.
at times unbearably so.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
I realized that..umm Cass is not a loner LMFAO that was my mistake, not his, i meant to have him be honest about it. OOPS, but instead of changing both our posts, I'm rolling with it and making him lie anyway. I'm also going vague on the details. i thought that thread would have ended when I posted this up LOL nope, seems like its still going.

Black. With green eyes and a medium build. Purposely he kept out certain details, what he will remember most is that scent of hers... Once he picks up that scent of hers, he would track her down and finish what he had started. The speckled rump of white on a black canvas. He would never forget such a creature.

Raleska's next question is what brought fourth his wrath once more. Through grinding fangs he growled, No. A single word of disgust. A single word but the tone spoke volumes. Volumes of his rage and desires to rectify that loss. Ears pressing against his skull while lips quivered desperately to fight off a snarl, fur bristling in rage at the thought. 

While Raleska asked him to follow, it took a moment for him to accept the gesture and begin following the young woman. Still he was careful not to limp, with a bruised ego, he wasn't about to act the victim and let others see a single limp out of him. Every now and then as the infection stiffened his leg, claws dug and dragged into the dirt, but otherwise his gait was as smooth tar. Slow, but unrelenting and powerful.
576 Posts
Ooc —
all good!

Raleska knew a wolf that fit that description: in fact, the very wolf he spoke of, had resided in Rusalka for some time, using up their resources and then leaving without a single word... but fortunately for Cassiopeia, Raleska wrongly assumed that by virtue of being a past pack mate, she would not attack a Rusalkan... the girl was too naive, and did not even for a second consider Cassiopeia as a culprit despite the matching description.

She vowed to remember that description: woe betide the next wolf Raleska met that came even close - they would have hellfire to contend with, if she had her way. She was disappointed that the wolf hadn't been killed as punishment, but judging by how angry the man sounded, she did not press for more information.

Their walk to the Grotto was a silent one. Raleska was not chatty unless it was with Rosalyn, and this man was the furthest thing from Rosalyn possible, even with the matching (well, under the layers of grime) pelt. She ducked under the stony cave's mouth, walking confidently down the corridor she had walked a thousand times. She could walk this stretch with her eyes closed, and her smooth gait told of her comfort and familiarity with the cavern's walls.

They descended a rocky slope under the cave's mouth, and at last entered the largest chamber the Grotto housed. In the center was a strange circular pool; it was strange because it glowed a virulent blue; phosphorescent light flickered off the cave walls, and it was there Raleska silently directed the man, so he might bathe his limb in the salty waters that her mother had once bathed her wounds.
at times unbearably so.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
At least she wasn't going to continuously ask more questions regarding how he found himself in this situation. Curious as to this place she was speaking of, a place to heal wounds, he was curious about such a thing and if it was true. If it was, it would be a good idea to log away this path into memory for future use.

From one fight to the next - it seemed that he might need to do so anyway.

Within the grotto his eyes fell upon the strange pool. The iridescent light stole his attention for a moment as he took in the sights, but not for long. He assumed he was supposed to put his affected leg into the waters - and thus he did. Rolling onto his haunches, tail slightly curving around his hind quarters, the man lowered himself onto his belly and let his leg bathe in the soothing waters. 

How long. He inquired, eyes not leaving the water as he directed the words toward the quiet young woman. Vengeance was going to stay as long as necessary, but he hoped it wouldn't be for long. He hated being incapacitated, every moment of it.
576 Posts
Ooc —
Raleska did not mind the quietness this man exuded. He was no small charge to follow her and other wolves might have been intimidated by the gruesome monster at their backside, but not Raleska. She had seen all manner of things, and was far too young to be so coldly jaded.

She watched as he lowered himself gingerly into the pool, where light blue ripples radiated outward from his touch. Raleska remembered all too well being impatient while her mother administered poultice -- oh, shit, the poultice. Raleska had no idea where it was. "Until your skin softens," She answered in the same flat tone of her mother, repeating what had been told to her so many times. "Describe the pain," She glanced upon Vengeance's harrowing eyes for a moment, wanting to know if she should collect herbs, or if simple clay would be enough to soothe him.
at times unbearably so.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Until your skin softens. With that answer, Vengeance was clearly unimpressed, and even more so, impatient. For a moment his gaze narrowed on the female, and finally fell back onto the pool of water who was slowly doing something at least. As old blood and dirt began to lift from his paws and leg, it diffused out into the water. Tainting it with his own extract. Surely if he would take a bath, the man would be quite the looker, but instead, he focused on other matters instead of sitting in water and letting the grime wash off regularly. 

Taking in a breath and pushing it out forcefully through his nostrils, he thought about how he could explain the pain in simple terms, or at least in a way that could be understood. He was no medic, he didn't understand the terms they used other than the basics. Hot. Stiff. Painful when bent. I feel tired, which is unusual. He slept longer... deeper, and more often than usual. From nightly routines, his days and nights were staggered, waking up felt a task, he hated it all.

But he was thankful for the decision to join a pack during this time.