Moonspear I'm the biggest, the best, better than the rest
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Victories were reserved for those that pay the price, and after that, there was nothing left for her to feel anymore. Amekaze didn't need to, she decided somewhere along the way. Every time she chanced her perceptions outward, nothing good awaited, so it may as well stay as absence to her.

So it seemed, anyway, as quiet returned now that she had finally stilled at the bottom of their descent. It took some time to set in, after all. She could still hear the fall, but somehow, not quite the impacts yet. She didn't need to, for her bruised and battered body told the tale, to every skinned spot of flesh to every broken bone. Merciless, but sweet to her tastes of course. The dark alpha had never found a foe quite like that, and she should have known it would take him to help her.

With it all came a very certain sort of acceptance, unfamiliar, but she sensed enough to welcome its eerily calming presence. Weakly she looked to him when she could force open her tired eyes to behold his face broken and body torn more than she had ever known. Her bleary thoughts made her realize that most likely, that this was the only way he had come undone from her: literally by smashing his grip apart, and, that he had taken the impacts even worse--all of this was her doing, with a little help from their home--but not once did she feel regret. Everywhere, she had burned, and she couldn't lift her head enough to look at her chest, or see the back of her neck. She felt it vaguely only enough, how messy and torn it must be with every shallow breath she could chance her blood only oozed more.

Struggling, even in silent stillness, she remained with him with her head rested familiarly on his neck. I meant it all, she willed him to know as she could only stay. The good, the bad, everything in between. From the young wolf hardly more than a whelp she had met on the beach once, to the wounded warrior in the mountains, to the accomplice to her crimes, to the father of her magnificent daughters and sons, to all the moments just spent with him--playing, patrolling, hunting, in the caves, at the waterfall, every last moment she could choke the memory of, all testament to what he had given her that was worth living for. Everything I ever said.. and did not say.

She believed absolutely that he had always known, short of these recent moons (where she wondered often what had gone awry in him?), and that was only another piece of what had made him so special to her; a bright light when her days got too dim, and always, not that she had ever been able to tell him outright until now as pain ripped over her every inch: I love you, she whispered into his fur whether or not he would hear, but hopefully he would have always felt it. His radiance had meant so much and now, her thread was tenuous. We were never meant to be but together.. The greatest star.. in my skies, she choked pitifully then heaved a big painful sigh, her body protesting any effort at all.. but, she had no other choice. For him, and for theirs (--their offspring! which, where were they now?), it was the best that she could do now that the edges of her consciousness were blurring away into darkness and she finally had no more fight left in her, approaching peace, too.
;__________________________;
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm the biggest, the best, better than the rest - by Amekaze - June 12, 2019, 12:21 AM