Greatwater Lake i will never believe in anything again
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The stillness around the lake draws attention to the smallest movements, so much so that even Alarian, notoriously unobservant, notices Mahler's approach immediately. He rises, straightening and blinking the lingering wetness from his eyes. His gaze drifts briefly between Mahler and the small den a few yards out from the lake, the abandoned home of some other animal which he'd marked thoroughly before leaving his ward in it. Doubting Mahler is a threat to the child, he chooses to approach the man.
Mahler. It's been... awhile, He draws up alongside him, gaze focused on him for a few beats before he glances out over the water. The memory of him is painful in a way, a reminder of all the ways his life has changed and then changed again. He starts to say something else, but stops himself; what is there to say to a man he barely knows? Funny, he thinks, considering their history of stumbling across one another. He's curious, of course, but it feels wrong to prod with his own curiosity when the world is in chaos, and the man at his side more haggard than he's seen him since their first meeting. So he waits in silence instead, wondering how Mahler will respond.
Messages In This Thread
i will never believe in anything again - by Alarian - October 08, 2019, 10:49 AM
RE: i will never believe in anything again - by Mahler - October 11, 2019, 08:31 AM
RE: i will never believe in anything again - by Alarian - October 11, 2019, 10:24 AM
RE: i will never believe in anything again - by Hyacinth - October 11, 2019, 08:35 PM
RE: i will never believe in anything again - by Mahler - October 18, 2019, 11:34 AM
RE: i will never believe in anything again - by Alarian - November 04, 2019, 11:01 AM
RE: i will never believe in anything again - by Hyacinth - November 04, 2019, 12:04 PM
RE: i will never believe in anything again - by Mahler - November 15, 2019, 12:24 AM