Firefly Glen The Clouds Burst
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Yeah! Some people use it a lot more -- or use Tabletop forum/chat channel to roll. I have an actual dice on my desk, which I think is far more fun, heh. XD  This time it gave me a good number!  I am so bad at writing hunting stuff though, so uh.  Stuff. XD

While he was heading back to the first hole he'd found it seemed like Markus was doing his part to harass the one he'd uncovered.  As he got closer, Mal moved more stealthily, just in case, ears tipped forward and searching for some sort of noise.  He thought he heard something?  Scoot scoot.

Obviously the one good thing about having someone else helping was that there was then a higher chance that something would come scrambling out into someone's jaws instead of the guarantee of "anywhere other than where you are" for solo hunting.  In this case, he was lucky.  The suddenly louder scrabbling sound was Mal's first clue, and he tensed up rather like a hunting housecat.  Too much movement too soon would scare it back in, so he stayed frozen until the first hint of a brown blur shot out of the entrance.

That was when he leaped into a sprint and practically ran the damn thing over in a spray of snow and dirt.  It had felt like an instant but he was a dozen yards from where he'd started. The rabbit was still shrieking in his grip -- he'd sunk his teeth into its hip, and it took a bit of wrangling to adjust his grip so he could kill it.  Not the cleanest of kills on Mal's part, but it worked.. And really in the end, that was what mattered.  Almost nothing Mal did had any sort of expert finesse -- it was functional, and that's about it.  Mal didn't seem entirely ready to put it down yet to say anything, and eyeballed Markus to see whether or not he was the sort to try and take it from him -- no point in putting it down if scampering off into the sunset was going to be the end result.
Messages In This Thread
The Clouds Burst - by Mal - October 26, 2019, 02:44 PM
RE: The Clouds Burst - by Markus - October 26, 2019, 05:34 PM
RE: The Clouds Burst - by Mal - October 27, 2019, 03:11 AM
RE: The Clouds Burst - by Markus - October 27, 2019, 12:58 PM
RE: The Clouds Burst - by Mal - October 27, 2019, 11:18 PM
RE: The Clouds Burst - by Markus - October 28, 2019, 09:11 PM
RE: The Clouds Burst - by Mal - October 28, 2019, 11:17 PM
RE: The Clouds Burst - by Markus - October 29, 2019, 06:48 PM
RE: The Clouds Burst - by Mal - October 31, 2019, 12:10 AM
RE: The Clouds Burst - by Markus - November 04, 2019, 05:32 PM
RE: The Clouds Burst - by Mal - November 08, 2019, 02:48 AM