Neverwinter Forest i will deliver; you know i'm a forgiver
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
I'll be aroundish most of the weekend!  Just @ me in Discord if you want a quick post. :P  Will be able to do so unless I'm out or streaming.

When there'd been no initial response howl, he'd started moving again.  He wove his way through trees and hunkered down in bushes to listen to see if he was followed.  He swept by the borders, taking glances for anyone approaching before moving back to the web of trails he'd woven just today.  When it progressed to night, perhaps Mal would go see if the trio had actually left -- he'd make sure to track where they'd gone for a short distance, rather preferring to be the bearer of useful clues rather than risking his own neck without a promise of benefit.  Besides, he had one or two packmates to guard at this point and nobody he'd ever recruited was someone he thought could risk a fight against someone that nuts, let alone multiple.  It was best to bluff, best to hide, best to be as annoying as possible with as little danger as possible.

On one of these laps he saw someone (perhaps there were more, but at least one was visible) waiting.  Hm.  He stayed hidden for a moment or two and observed, but she was waiting, not charging in... So seemed less likely to be one of their allies.  Probably.  Nice to see his guess that they'd be hunted was actually on point -- that's the problem with showing you're perfectly willing to rip out throats, it certainly destroys the ability of others to believe you might be innocent.

Getting closer, that was when he could smell Moonspear.  Ah.  Well, then even less likely to be their ally, he'd hoped.  Still, he was cautious. He stayed on his side of the border, watching for a trap.  One ear was consistently listening behind him.  He spoke loud enough to be heard, but not much beyond that.  Looking for three -- two screwed up wolves and a Nightwalker?  Caiaphas was super old in his eyes, at least.  Anyway, Mal pointed his nose at their entry point, asking her to confirm that was the right scent.  This whole thing did bring up an interesting point -- here was a Nightwalker causing him problems already... Maybe she'd just defected, but it wasn't exactly a point in their favor.
Messages In This Thread
i will deliver; you know i'm a forgiver - by Hydra - November 08, 2019, 03:56 PM
RE: i will deliver; you know i'm a forgiver - by Mal - November 09, 2019, 04:46 PM
RE: i will deliver; you know i'm a forgiver - by Ceilidh - November 09, 2019, 05:32 PM
RE: i will deliver; you know i'm a forgiver - by Hydra - November 11, 2019, 09:26 AM
RE: i will deliver; you know i'm a forgiver - by Mal - November 11, 2019, 10:58 PM
RE: i will deliver; you know i'm a forgiver - by Merrit - November 12, 2019, 11:00 PM
RE: i will deliver; you know i'm a forgiver - by Hydra - November 25, 2019, 11:25 AM
RE: i will deliver; you know i'm a forgiver - by Mal - December 11, 2019, 02:53 AM