Redhawk Caldera am i stirring right now or is my arm still in the world of stirring.
529 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
All Welcome 

Penn, apparently, was on a mission to discover his heritage. Wandering the Plateau had proved to be rather enjoyable, though in the end, he had decided that he hadn't really missed out on much not being raised there. There wasn't really a lot to it--it was mostly just flat with some water and some woods. The drop was cool, and he liked how open it was, but that was about where the redeeming qualities had stopped. It seemed as though his mother had been right in her low opinion of the place. So, he had wondered if she maybe was right in her very, very high opinion of the other territory he might've been raised in had fate treated his family a little differently.

It didn't take long for the young wolf to decide that the Caldera was indeed way preferrable to the Plateau. He wasn't sure if it ranked higher than the Copse yet, but as he ran down the open slopes, hopping over ledges and darting around the rocks, he definitely thought it to be a contender. He'd spent a couple of hours sniffing around the Southern slopes, poking around in a few caves and climbing up to some of the higher ledges to take a good look around. His attention had been taken by a forest to the North where he thought he might manage to find something to eat. In the next few minutes, he was off and again on his way.

The sun was beginning to set by the time he decided to finally take a little break. He'd skirted around the Southern edge of the lake by then and was headed North along a small, frozen creek when he came upon a wide, flat rock that hung over the water. Penn hopped up onto it and slid contentedly to his belly, his gaze sweeping across the territory that opened up ahead of him. It was right about then that he decided which place won the contest--the Caldera was by far where he ought to have been raised.

The young Blackthorn pondered this as he stretched out his limbs and rolled onto his side with a sigh.
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She had to escape the darkness for a little while. It wasn't ideal for her; she'd lost track of all time without the sun which barely showed through the trees.

the young wolf came across a lake here and she liked the way she sun shined upon it. In reality it made her think of her parents and her family. Maybe they were all back in Easthollow. Soon she was drawn from her thoughts when she smelt another wolf.
529 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Penn had just about decided to take a nap when he heard movement nearby. He lifted his head from his paws and turned to spy her, a blot of cream upon a wide stretch of porcelain. He frowned slightly, not pleased to see that some other wolf was feeling free to waltz around in a territory he had decided was his. But he realized he hadn't laid any sort of claim to it--it just felt like it was his, or at least that it should have been.

Still. "Hey, what're you doing here?" he called, his tone a bit sharp but not aggressive. Penn hadn't smelled any markings around the place to suggest that there were any other wolves here, and he had some interest now in making sure nobody else got any ideas about it.
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She was called out by a young sounding wolf such as she and Minnow swiveled her head towards the sound. "Just had to find a place to think for a while. Is this place taken? I didn't smell any other scents." Her anxiety sounded through her voice despite trying to keep it well under her control.
529 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
She turned to him and he got a better look at her. She was young, probably his age. Pale. Kinda skinny, and nervous. All things that suggested to him that she didn't have a pack at all, so she was no real threat. Still, he frowned.

"This rock is taken," he said, a bit possessively, "The rest isn't, I guess." Which he found to be strangely irritating. "My family used to claim this land, but not anymore. I just came to check the place out," he continued for no real reason other than he liked to hear the sound of his own voice, "Seems like it's been abandoned since they left. I've spent most of the day wandering around those cliffs to the South. There are some pretty cool views up there, if you're into mountain climbing." He grinned.