Emberwood Building Up To the Sky
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
-6C°, currently it is snowing and set during the day. Located in Rising Sun Valley, emberwood | ooc notes: I know you're busy Jitter! So it's no rush to reply, I know you asked for a thread with Rei so there it is! | tagging: @Ibis

Come! I have a surprise for you! She tried to coax Ibis into following her toward a section of the borders. She had been working on a surprise since their last little chat before the pack was officially set, and now, she had something to show the young woman. In between gathering herbs to dry, she was working on this other little project to show Ibis, and now that she had decorated enough trunks with the image of a single flower, she had to show the Archdruid before continuing on her endeavor. 

I had an idea after our last chat, to mark the trees with a permanent flower. Should Okeanos stumble onto the sight, hopefully, it will guide him to you? Once they arrived, she explained what Ibis should be looking for. If you like it - I can expand outward away from our scented borders, kind of like a breadcrumb trail? With a soft smile, she waited for Ibis' reaction with bated breath. 

What would she think of the tiny flower-shaped carvings in the trees? A small part of her expected Ibis to hate it, that it was a stupid waste of precious pack time; but she couldn't help but feel a small pride in her "drawings" remembering how even these ones, had taken so much time to carve in just a handful of trees.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
I have a surprise for you! Called the pale woman as she dashed off across the snow, urging that Ibis follow; the girl had been preoccupied with something-or-other but it wasn't important, so she dropped from that task and set about following the puff of smoke as Reiko trailed away.

The girl was panting lightly as she met with Reiko's larger silhouette. Over the sound of her heart beating and throbbing pulse, she heard the rest of what was said: the showcase of the nearby trees, where upon them Reiko had carved small sigils. They were crude but effective.

Oh! A trail; that was smart, so smart. Even though their scents were rich within the forest there was no telling how long they would stay here. If they left a mark - even something as small as these - Okeanos was sure to know where they had been, which was a start. This is such a good idea, Reiko! I'd never have thought of it myself - I love it!
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Butterflies fluttered in her gut as she waited for Ibis' response, hoping to any god that might be looking down from above that it would not be seen as a stupid waste of time and effort and instead as a thoughtful gift. She couldn't be sure of either. Finally, Ibis broke the silence and her reaction was one that Reiko had hoped for.

A pleasant surprise! 

Yeah? She perked up with a flutter of her tail, clearly pleased that her efforts didn't go to waste.  I can carve some further out in neutral lands, spread the trail! She was beyond pleased to see that Ibis enjoyed her little idea. Perhaps she could do some more in the spring when she goes to find fresh herbs after the frost had gone.

Go beyond the scented border and see if he can follow the flowers to it. Their scent can only go so far into the loner lands, she could make a more permanent mark further out to try and lure him in. I can do more in spring while hunting for herbs.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The carvings were wonderful and Ibis was fixated upon them; while Reiko explained and then plotted further plans for her work, Ibis was looking at the craftsmanship of the sigils. They must have been difficult to cut in to the trees, she thought - but how does one do that? Teeth would be too hard to angle (and how foolish it might seem to be caught chewing at a trunk!). Perhaps claws, then? A sharp instrument? Merely the peeling of some layers of bark, yet done artfully and with a skill Ibis lacked? She was full of questions. However, she kept them to herself.

It is beautiful. If you show me how to do it, or show the others, we could mark our home together! And then it would only be a matter of time. Okeanos would return to them - to her - wherever they ended up roaming. Do you think it will work? Truly? She still pined for a reunion with her brother, her mothers... The hope in her gaze thus trained upon Reiko's face, studying her for legitimacy.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Absolutely~ She chimed in, if anyone was patient enough to learn, she would happily teach her crude way of carving into tree trunks. The failed carvings would hopefully be unnoticed, forgotten in time and maybe even covered over by branches should she be lucky enough - but these ones were at least passable as flowers. Whenever you feel patient enough to try, come find me, I will teach you my method. a sweet smile curved her lips.

Then Ibis turned to snow damsel with hope-filled eyes, nervously Reiko swallowed several times over. She wasn't keen lying, or even accidentally so by filling Ibis' head with empty promises. We won't know for sure until it does. Was her compromise. Hope, that's all I can promise. It was better than to sit around and just hope that Okeanos would stumble onto their scented borders, at least they were trying something more than just wishing for the best.
Healing (2/6)

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She is filled with hope, and with a strong adoration for the pale woman before her. Thank you Reiko. It means so much to me that you'd help me - help all of us - and I'm very, very glad you are here. It was a little over-the-top but it was heartfelt; Ibis couldn't imagine this space without the snowy woman. If ever Ibis' hope began to dwindle she would think of Reiko and of her sigils. Do you think the forest will be enough space for us, for the winter? The thought occurred to her suddenly - sharp, like a crack in thin ice - and Ibis looked to the floral design with a little frown. I don't want your hard work to be for nothing - but our numbers are growing, and the forest is large but maybe not enough, especially while we await the herds.