Neverwinter Forest The Last Stage
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He was glad that Simmik definitely seemed to be someone he could rely on -- build a strong foundation for the pack and all that, right? Young or not, she had a better idea of how a pack was supposed to work than Okeanos and Ibis and they were the same age as he was. Go figure. Anyway, sharing the news, She's blackish, tall, named Belharra. Really chatty -- even when we were basically saying 'you're in our territory, leave' she was milling around going on and on. It was when Cam came back a while ago, he was hurt, Ceilidh had taken care of his wounds, but this chick was like.. Not seeing it.  So she not only didn't seem to care about our borders, but couldn't seem to tell that Cam was being helped. I don't get it. At all. He could understand Moonspear having egos -- the concept, at least, was not unfamiliar even if he thought they were stupid -- but he just couldn't figure out why this lone wolf had been so blind and stubborn about it all. Markus showed up so we could make sure she left -- couldn't just leave Cam there by himself. Mal had been pretty dang paranoid about it being some kind of weird trap. Like somehow she'd have a friend lurking around to kill him if they left the kid alone.

At some point, Mal hoped that they could stop worrying about prey. Maybe he was hoping for too much, but considering everything he knew in is his life suggested that this was a weird year rather than a normal one, he had hope. Simmik didn't really have the experience, right? Hopefully that was the only reason for the question, rather than some sort of weird psychic foresight kind of thing. He nodded, Yeah. It's kind of getting bad even for us. I've thought about whether we should move or something... But from what I've heard, even farther away places are in much the same state. I think if we have to, we'll know, right? It was his best guess. But surely if there was that breaking point, everyone would probably be in agreement. Hopefully that'd be the case, but really he'd rather just stay. A lot of winter was just gonna be sitting around waiting.
Messages In This Thread
The Last Stage - by Mal - December 29, 2019, 11:57 PM
RE: The Last Stage - by Simmik - January 01, 2020, 03:38 AM
RE: The Last Stage - by Mal - January 01, 2020, 01:33 PM
RE: The Last Stage - by Simmik - January 29, 2020, 09:48 PM
RE: The Last Stage - by Mal - January 30, 2020, 03:47 AM
RE: The Last Stage - by Simmik - January 31, 2020, 07:05 PM
RE: The Last Stage - by Mal - February 01, 2020, 01:55 AM
RE: The Last Stage - by Simmik - February 11, 2020, 02:20 AM
RE: The Last Stage - by Mal - February 12, 2020, 12:24 AM
RE: The Last Stage - by Simmik - February 14, 2020, 06:04 PM
RE: The Last Stage - by Mal - February 15, 2020, 09:05 PM